• Register Today It's free!

2013 Fog Lights

arctickitten

Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
Hi, I am new and have a question about the fog lights. The only way I can turn my fog lights on is to push the button when the headlights are turned on. Is there a way to have the fog lights come on automatically when the headlights are turned on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use the auto headlight setting and if you have the fog lights on with auto headlight turned on all the time, the headlights will always come on along with the fog lights automatically when it gets dark out each evening when you leave the light switch on auto auto headlight. If you turn auto headlight off and then switch back to it, you will manually have to run on the fog lights, but they will automatically come on as long as you always stay in the auto headlight setting with fog lights turned on.

One reason I prefer the fog lights turned on with auto headlight is the only way you can tell the lights are on with auto headlight at dusk before it is dark enough to see the beam in front of the car is by noticing the dash displays have dimmed. There is no dash indicator that the headlights are on with auto headlight, which is strange, but if you have the fog lights on all the time with auto headlight, the fog light indicator will turn on and show on the dash when the auto headlights activate at dusk so you know your lights are on.

Thank you for the reply. So if I turn the fog lights on when the switch is on auto the fog lights will automatically turn on with the lights? If I turn the car off will I have to turn on the fog lights again or will they automatically turn on until I switch the headlights off of auto?

Thank you for the reply. So if I turn the fog lights on when the switch is on auto the fog lights will automatically turn on with the lights? If I turn the car off will I have to turn on the fog lights again or will they automatically turn on until I switch the headlights off of auto?

The fogs will automatically come on with the headlights as long as it stays on auto headlight every time you start the car.

If you switch from auto headlight to manual, you will have to manually turn the fogs on with auto headlight the first time, but they will always come on when you start the car and if it is dark out or becomes dark out while driving as long as you stay on the auto headlight setting no matter if you turn the car off. It will remember it is on auto headlight with fogs on as long as you don't switch from the auto headlight setting.

I use the auto headlight setting and if you have the fog lights on with auto headlight turned on all the time, the headlights will always come on along with the fog lights automatically when it gets dark out each evening when you leave the light switch on auto auto headlight. If you turn auto headlight off and then switch back to it, you will manually have to run on the fog lights, but they will automatically come on as long as you always stay in the auto headlight setting with fog lights turned on.

One reason I prefer the fog lights turned on with auto headlight is the only way you can tell the lights are on with auto headlight at dusk before it is dark enough to see the beam in front of the car is by noticing the dash displays have dimmed. There is no dash indicator that the headlights are on with auto headlight, which is strange, but if you have the fog lights on all the time with auto headlight, the fog light indicator will turn on and show on the dash when the auto headlights activate at dusk so you know your lights are on.

I use the cup holder ambient light as a auto headlight indicator.

Back