Splash Guards | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Splash Guards

I would suggest the "search this forum" button and you will find some pics of the Ex with splash guards .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok picked up the cargo liner (OEM) and the mud flaps so am getting ready to install

I am searching. I want pics of an ex SPORT and what type of splash guards it has. OEM? Husky?

I am searching. I want pics of an ex SPORT and what type of splash guards it has. OEM? Husky?
I just searched in "images" on Bing and found two pretty quick .

Attachments

• sport splash.jpg
    sport splash.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,872
  • sport splash 2.jpg
    sport splash 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 6,778

Attaching Photos

You should be able to upload and attach at least 6 pictures using the Manage Attachments program. I have attached multiple photos numerous times.

Peter

First post, so thanks in advance for the support - this site looks like a great resource.

I have factory ordered a 2017 XLT, and one of the options I chose was splash guards. However, when I look at the "build and price" configurator on Ford.com (or Ford.ca - I'm in Canada), it shows two options.

The first ones shown, under "Exterior" are expensive (US$205 or CAD$350).
Further down the page, under "Accessories" are "Moulded Splash guards" which are considerably cheaper (US$50, CAD$65 per axle set).

Does anyone know the difference?
Are the more expensive ones worth it?

My dealer is very vague on this, saying the cheaper ones require drilling, and the expensive ones are "better" and clip on.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

Welcome to the Forum Simon.:wave:
I believe the ones I had installed on my previous 2011 Limited were the moulded ones. I think they were the only option at that time. I'd go with those if I was getting them. When I ordered my 2011, I had the dealer throw them in and installed for free as part of the deal.
Here are the ones I had.

Peter

P7190353a.jpg

P7190352a.jpg

Weather tech makes a good set. Took 10mins to install all 4, uses exsisting screws.

Back