• Register Today It's free!

Sync Services Subscription Ending

RJT

Reaction score
City, State
Martinez, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 limited/ '97 xlt
Got a notification that my Sync Services Subscriptions is ending 4/8 (Number of years were free, but that's over). Really, the only thing I used it for (but it was nice feature) was going to Mapquest on my home PC and getting directions for my trip and then sending to my EX.

If reading it right, they want $60 a year. I just don't use it that much. Any of you folks going to cough up the dough?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a notification that my Sync Services Subscriptions is ending 4/8 (Number of years were free, but that's over). Really, the only thing I used it for (but it was nice feature) was going to Mapquest on my home PC and getting directions for my trip and then sending to my EX.

If reading it right, they want $60 a year. I just don't use it that much. Any of you folks going to cough up the dough?

I thought it was free for 3 years and then after that its 60. I didnt see how old your Ex was but mine prompted me to renew and said it was free to renew.

Yep, it is, but mine being a '11 i guess its coming due. Just something to consider i suppose as three are quite a few members who have these first off the line Ex's. I don't know why they just don't tier their pricing. Have never needed to speak with a live operator, nor would I ever envision doing so. But, their other services are all automated and some are helpful. Why not just charge $20 for them?

You are reading it correctly, RJT. If you renew and decide that you no longer wish to use it, you can cancel and receive a refund for the remaining months. Also, I can't believe it's already been three years!

I thought it was free for 3 years and then after that its 60. I didnt see how old your Ex was but mine prompted me to renew and said it was free to renew.

Once your complimentary subscription is done, the renewal message will advise you to log in to your SYNC account, roamingphantom. :)

Rebecca

Thanks. And for those with a 2011, I simply called "services" from my car and an automated response came back with something to the effect of "Your sync services are about to expire. To renew, please log on to <sync>.com" Once there, the only option appeared to a financial renewal..... I mention this as this didn't come from an email or flyer being sent out. So you may want to try it to see if you are in the same boat.

That's one thing we up here don't have to worry about. SYNC Services package isn't available here nor is the Vehicle Health Report.

Peter

Sync what?

That would be no. Worthless "feature"

If you have any calls left -

Your active SYNC Services subscription comes with 20 complimentary Operator Assist calls per year. You may also purchase additional sessions. Unused Operator Assist calls expire when your SYNC Services subscription expires, so keep the subscription active to roll over any unused calls.

Thanks, yep. I got all that. Just that I never used that feature. Between my Phone App, the car's GPS, and my wife.... I got enough people telling me where to go :). Maybe I'll just use up my (Still 20) free calls prior to the 4/8. "Hi, how you doing? What's going on"

Like i said previously... i did like being able to send my directions to Sync Services prior to leaving the house and then pull them up and load them into the GPS via services. Too bad I guess. Just not willing to spend $60 for the privilege. I get that it takes $ to staff live operators, but as stated earlier, maybe tier the pricing. Lower cost if no live operator interaction.

My free subscription expired a few months ago. I decided not to renew. Nice to have, but far from being a necessity for me.

It seems to me it was pretty tricky wording on Ford's part in the beginning. I was led to believe it was free at first, but then when it ran out in 3 years all you had to do was renew it... No mention of any $60 bucks....surprise, surprise. I don't really need it on our POS anyway I already know what's wrong with it.....

My 3 years are up in February 2016. If I don't renew Sync - MFT what will I lose?
Nav?
Hands free phone?
Voice commands?

My 3 years are up in February 2016. If I don't renew Sync - MFT what will I lose?
Nav?
Hands free phone?
Voice commands?

None of those. You will lose the ability to use SYNC Services as well as downloading "directions" to your nav. But it sounds like you didn't use these anyway.

Nav?
Hands free phone?
Voice commands?

If you have the integrated Ford Nav - no, you won't lose that.

I've had my car for 4 years. I haven't received any notification that the service has expired. However, I have used the service maybe once right after I got the car. Where do I check the status of the subscription, just for giggles

I've had my car for 4 years. I haven't received any notification that the service has expired. However, I have used the service maybe once right after I got the car. Where do I check the status of the subscription, just for giggles

It shows your current registered phone and sync service status.

It shows your current registered phone and sync service status.

You can also press the voice button and say "services". It will dial and it will either work or the recording will tell you your subscription has ended and how to renew.

Back