Where to put the wires? Overhead Off-Road Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to put the wires? Overhead Off-Road Lights

DSChris

Reaction score
City, State
West Milford, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer XLT SOHC
A friend recently hooked me up with 2 pairs of Blazer International C9002K Baja lights. It comes with wires and they're even jacketed. I'm planning on mounting the lights themselves to the front of my gear basket on the roof of the Explorer.

What I was wondering is where you guys have run your wires. I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it's clean and doesn't cause leakage. If you guys need more information just let me know and I'll supply what I can. Thanks for your help in advance guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just drilled a hole though, put in a grommet i found and some silicone around the wires once they are installed. Hasn't leaked and looks good.

Some people run them though the hatch in the back or the weather stripping in the door.

I just drilled a hole though, put in a grommet i found and some silicone around the wires once they are installed. Hasn't leaked and looks good.

Some people run them though the hatch in the back or the weather stripping in the door.

Where did you drill the hole and run the wires though?

I would run it through weatherstripping in the door since I don't want to have a nice surprise on a rainy day.

I run my in the back driver door and down the B pillar.

For my front lights, I ran the wire down the passengers side B pillar (between front and rear door) and for my rear lights I ran them down the pass. side C pillar (just behind rear door.) For the front 4 lights, I connected them all to an 8awg wire (maybe overkill) to transfer all the power to the lights, and the rears I used 12awg. The wires run through rubber grommets at the top of the pillars and then were sealed off with silicone to prevent any leaking...

for my cab lights i just drilled hole pulled all the a pillar plastic off and headliner down hid it and then put the plastic and headliner back. it looks clean. you could also run it down through weatherstripping and hide behind plastic.

Back