Roof rack with lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof rack with lights?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, the rack is nice, but I figure that the shown cargo bags can't be that full considering the roof 100Lb weight limit:D

There's alot of nice racks there.

I've wondered- is the weight limit a structural (roof damage) issue or some carryover from the roll-over days of yore? I would think that the roof, which can survive a roll-over intact, could support more weight. I would also bet that the average driver adding 300 pounds of gear to the roof would be a recipe for handling mishaps. "I had the refrigerator and water heater strapped to the roof securely. I don't understand why the truck tipped over on the off-ramp."

I think it looks cool... But in today's age, I rather have a more covert look. If someone came up with LED light bar to attach under the cross bar... Almost like a Police take down light but brighter. Sign me up for that addition if someone can find it....

I too would like a smaller light bar system. Anyone know of a light bar to attach to the roof rack?

Roof rack mount LED light bar

Has anyone seen a roof rack mounted LED light bar that will fit without modifications? Looking for some extra light on the back country roads. Thanks!

Has anyone seen a roof rack mounted LED light bar that will fit without modifications? Looking for some extra light on the back country roads. Thanks!

If your looking for something like emergency vehicle lighting but all white modules then all the big lighting companies make something.

Federal Signal, Code 3, Whelen, Sound Off, Etc Etc.

Like these.

http://fedsig.com/products/369/commander_series

I would suggest you also go to the Interceptor website and download the Modifiers Guide as it defines the roof areas you can use for solid structure attachment points.

www.fordpoliceinterceptor.com

That wouldn't look right on the roof of an EX IMO. That's more for an older "square" truck or bronco.

Why don't you just get the factory roof rack bars and mount some lights on them?

Rigid Industries makes high-output LED light bars. They are expensive but with LEDs, you get what you pay for. Good luck with the project

Rigid Industries makes high-output LED light bars. They are expensive but with LEDs, you get what you pay for. Good luck with the project
Welcome to the Forum mt13ex.:wavey:

Peter

^ this.

50 inch light bar, grab a pair of the clap mounts, bolt the light to the forward crossbar. If you're uneasy about drilling holes in the roof, you could probably run the wiring down the A-pillar and then under the hood. The wiring harness that Rigid supplies is plug and play and has simple connectors at the end so the light could be easily removed should that be so desired.

LED Light Bar

Anyone mount one on the roof like a lot of people install on their trucks??

Id like to see a top mount... :thumbsup:

Back