MFT Right Dash Display Firmware Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Right Dash Display Firmware Upgrade

motionmanjim

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
My MFT is currently at the latest revision of 3.6.2. It works well for the most part. However, it is able to display information that the right-side dash display is not. For example, if I make an outbound call from my cell phone (not through MFT), the MFT displays the caller name (assuming they are a contact), but the right dash display says "Unknown Caller". Also, if I stream music through Slacker or Amazon MP3, the MFT displays Artist and Track Name, wheras the right dash display says "Bluetooth Audio Stream Detected". Do the firmware updates only affect the main display? Is there a future fix for these 2 displays saying different things?

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My MFT is currently at the latest revision of 3.6.2. It works well for the most part. However, it is able to display information that the right-side dash display is not. For example, if I make an outbound call from my cell phone (not through MFT), the MFT displays the caller name (assuming they are a contact), but the right dash display says "Unknown Caller". Also, if I stream music through Slacker or Amazon MP3, the MFT displays Artist and Track Name, wheras the right dash display says "Bluetooth Audio Stream Detected". Do the firmware updates only affect the main display? Is there a future fix for these 2 displays saying different things?

Jim
Hi Jim. The MFT updates do not affect or have anything to do with the left and right information display screens. I am unable to help in determining what they should show in the conditions you describe as I seldom use the phone and don't stream music.

Peter

The caller id should be the same on both screens, usually there is a 1 or 2 second delay before it shows on the dash cluster though. Bluetooth audio doesn't show track info (I do not know why) on the dash cluster. It's been one of my gripes forever.

Hi motionmanjim,

Peter and 13Sport are both correct. I suggest a trip to your dealership to have them run some tests and find why your display is showing "Unknown Caller."

Rebecca

In my '13 Ford Explorer, I too had the 'Unknown Caller' issue when calling out from my Android phone.

In reading about it, it seems like Bluetooth MAP function (controls images, ADCVRP and some of the text display) was not correct in Android 4.3.

My Galaxy S4 has been updated to 4.4.x and it is fixed. Even Pandora is now displaying song information now.

Android 4.3 was my issue, not MFT.

Vandy,

If you read my post, the touchscreen DOES display the caller info and the song info correctly, it is the right side dash display that shows Unknown Caller, even though the touchscreen shows the correct info. Does yours do that?

Jim

Vandy,

If you read my post, the touchscreen DOES display the caller info and the song info correctly, it is the right side dash display that shows Unknown Caller, even though the touchscreen shows the correct info. Does yours do that?

Jim

Mine shows the correct caller, but they are all in my contact list.

Vandy,

Jim

Yup...thats what mine did. The 4.4 update fixed it.

Back