2011 Limited Wheels

xexplorerx

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Hello Everyone,

Just picked up my '14 XLT and wondering where I can find a used for sale 2011 Limited wheels?

Would like to have the 20's vs my 18's.

A little help would be great.

Previous car was a 2013 lancer Evo MR and dont know where to get stuff for SUV. This is my first SUV LOL

Thanks
-Rod

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum xexplorerx.:wavey:
I had a 2011 Limited with the 20" wheels and I've posted several times that I wished the Limited had 17' or 18" wheels as an option. I ran 17" for the Winter and found the ride a little better and also didn't have to worry as much about 'curb rash'. Some of the members in the 'Modified Discussion' forum have changed wheels etc. Perhaps you may have some luck there. Good luck with your quest. :):thumbsup:

Peter

try ur local auto recycler as well...i am sure you can source them locally

Welcome to the Forum xexplorerx.:wavey:
I had a 2011 Limited with the 20" wheels and I've posted several times that I wished the Limited had 17' or 18" wheels as an option. I ran 17" for the Winter and found the ride a little better and also didn't have to worry as much about 'curb rash'. Some of the members in the 'Modified Discussion' forum have changed wheels etc. Perhaps you may have some luck there. Good luck with your quest. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Sweet...I might just do that. Tried looking at ebay too and found a few ones there. I'm not seeing much aftermarket ones here or maybe i just dont know how to navigate this forum

Hello Everyone,

Just picked up my '14 XLT and wondering where I can find a used for sale 2011 Limited wheels?

Would like to have the 20's vs my 18's.

A little help would be great.

Previous car was a 2013 lancer Evo MR and dont know where to get stuff for SUV. This is my first SUV LOL

Thanks
-Rod

Have you checked ebay?

Have you checked ebay?

I finally did and saw some in there too. I usually dont use ebay but i'm thinking that it be the best route. Saw a person selling for $800 all four without tires. Looks like in good condition still.

Thanks

I finally did and saw some in there too. I usually dont use ebay but i'm thinking that it be the best route. Saw a person selling for $800 all four without tires. Looks like in good condition still.

Thanks
Does that include the TPMS sensors?

Peter

it doesnt....doesnt the one I have should work or are they rim specific?

Thanks
I believe there are 2 different frequencies used for the TPMS.
Your dealer should be able to tell which is which for your Explorer by running your VIN.

Peter

I believe there are 2 different frequencies used for the TPMS.
Your dealer should be able to tell which is which for your Explorer by running your VIN.

Peter

Ahh I see. Good to know thank you!

I was checking around if stock will be best or aftermarket. So far, i'm not seeing any aftermarket that looks good....and very few have aftermarket wheels.

^
Depends on the look you're going for.

I swapped out my stock Sport wheels for aftermarket wheels and love them.

^
Depends on the look you're going for.

I swapped out my stock Sport wheels for aftermarket wheels and love them.

People really like the look of large wheels and low profile tires, but they make little sense from a practical perspective imo.

They ride poorly, reduce off road 4wd behavior, and the tires are expensive. Main reason I had to exclude the limited from my choices.

I do admit across many many models being sold large wheels is a very popular fashion statement.

People really like the look of large wheels and low profile tires, but they make little sense from a practical perspective imo.

They ride poorly, reduce off road 4wd behavior, and the tires are expensive. Main reason I had to exclude the limited from my choices.

I do admit across many many models being sold large wheels is a very popular fashion statement.
Make that 'some' people really like the look of large wheels and low profile tires. I don't. In fact I think some of them look down right ridiculous. I fully agree with the rest of your post. :thumbsup:

Peter

I agree with the sentiments on why smaller wheels make sense - and especially because I drive some sticky beaches, but I don't think the Limited 20's look bad at all and the 20's on the Sport look good too. Think they both look nice and not overdone size wise. The rumors I hear of 22's on the Sport seem a bit overkill for a SUV. I think the 22's on the Edge look out of place, but people also have a preference for them. Large wheels (but not overdone IMO) look best on sports coupes and sport sedans and work best on those cars. I think the power of the Sport is great, but it is by no means a nimble vehicle where I think it gains as much of an advantage having larger, wider wheels as a small, nimble sports car will.

If you go to my website, www.silsdetail.com, I have a pic of my 2011 XLT on the front page with the 20 inch wheel option. May be willing to sell them if I can find some black rims

Back