• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2014 May 16-18

If you plan on attending pick the best date for Moab 2014

• May 16-18

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • May 30 - 1

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
The April fools was a joke. Things have changed up here and I'm not able to expand on it much yet, but it sounds like I only have a job for two more weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hate to say this, but it's not looking promising for Char and I either. I won't know for sure for a few days yet. :(

Uhoh. Is 2014 kind of like the Monday of this century?

So, let me see if I got this right?

Rick = MAYBE

DTR?

Randall = OUT

Adamsbro2 = IN

FR-425 = IN

Trckmagik = OUT

Nharris = IN / RIDE ALONG

MrQ =IN

mrboyle = OUT

67truckguy = IN

5speedman = MAYBE [EDIT] OUT

Paul = IN

Tbars = OUT

If anybody arrives on Thursday the 15th I'll be at "Top of the world" having lunch.. . ..

CB channel 11.

Almost right.....I'm an OUT sadly...

Rick = MAYBE

DTR?

Randall = OUT

Adamsbro2 = IN

FR-425 = IN

Trckmagik = OUT

Nharris = IN / RIDE ALONG

MrQ =IN

mrboyle = OUT

67truckguy = IN

5speedman = OUT

Paul = IN

Tbars = OUT

Looks like this trip is coming down to the wire on a go/no-go for many. I think without Rick, it will take the impetus out of many people for going. I know seeing Pumpkin and meeting the Explorer Forum creator is a big draw.

We can always go and watch the J*&P's flip on their lids!

As long as one person is going I am still up for it.

To be honest, I was never on the list and I'll already be on a trail somewhere before and after the Moab trip..:dunno:

Sadly I still have to pick and choose what trips I can take then it always comes down to the ones I can afford between my jobs..

I don't see why anyone would back out due to who is going or not if you have planned and can afford it..:scratch:..youu never know who might show up at the last moment..

I'm set up pretty good for trail support, (plenty of tools on board) so I can amuse myself with acts of kindness on the trail...

We won't be alone on the trails.

Like you, MrQ, I have already taken the time off and intend to go it alone, if it comes to that.

If it does come to that; I'll create a one entry, one picture post of my Lily white b&t at Moab and close the post. .. .

Prayers to all who are having life's difficulties and can't make it.

Looks like this trip is coming down to the wire on a go/no-go for many. I think without Rick, it will take the impetus out of many people for going. I know seeing Pumpkin and meeting the Explorer Forum creator is a big draw.

I was afraid that might happen :( Things have been really tight this year. Char is working part time now, April taxes really drained us. I do quarterly taxes for my business and came up a bit short in what I put in last year, so I had to make it up in April. Then I had to make a larger contribution for the first quarter '14 taxes to ensure I don't get behind again this year.

I was afraid that might happen :(

Hey, if all you guys are bailing 'cause I decided to show up, I can go down to the Overland Expo for the weekend . . .

Seriously though, all the best to you guys, hope you can make it out, but four-wheeling in Moab just seems like our number 1 priority . . . Realize it may be lightly attended event compared to year's past (or even last year), but it'll still be a blast. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

All true. If I thought mine could make it through a couple of trails without being dragged by Ted , I might consider putting myself into further debt getting there every year. haha

All true. If I thought mine could make it through a couple of trails without being dragged by Ted in his four cylinder Ranger while taking my picture and pointing and laughing, I might consider putting myself into further debt getting there every year. haha

Fixed it for ya..:p:

Moab has to be the big kids Disneyland...Now if someone could find a way to make discount travel packages for us and our vehicles I bet more could attend..:biggthump

But I think that is part of the experience also...When you finally can afford the trip you are in the group that could afford it that year..Kind of makes each trip to Moab even that much more special...:D

If you do that you might just run into someone you know ;)

If I said I was going to Mormon Lake, would that get you and Ted up to Moab ? ? ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back