What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

removed the front plate and the dealer decals from my sport. This weekend will be time for the vinyl covers on the door handles to gloss black and a detailing since she has made a couple road trips since I got her last week...

Hey holliwood, what size wheels and put those pics up. cant wait to see it.

HID headlights, HID fogs, VG shark fin.

Nice :)

What have you done with or to your Explorer today?

Traded it. :)

Peter

Ordered a bunch of **** I will probably regret buying come bills time, but hey, I can always more more OT right?

How's the MKT? Noticed any torque steer yet? ;)
Haven't noticed any yet But then I only have just over 100 km on it. We're still getting 'acquainted'. Just found out the DRL's are on the fog lamps.

Peter

I plastidipped my rear plate area? (not sure what its called)

20140406_115153_zps972a7db9.jpg

20140406_115216_zps475baf45.jpg

had this installed. led halo, 5k hids for fog and headlights

Looks sweet! are those aftermarket headlights or did you do that to the factory lights? My M3 has duel helo's looks cool and like um on your sport.

those are my factory lights. had them done by RIHids.com

Clay bar treatment smooth now and paint seems to be popping more. Strongly recommend if you have any rough spots.

8A55D4C8-5167-4714-A5B4-9F6C56789C65.jpg

62674F6A-C591-4C1B-B123-D9A31FF733C5.jpg

I have not done anything to my explorer yet because I am waiting for Ford to make it and ship it. I would like to do stuff to it when it comes. I am wondering if anyone has ever seen the tailgate blacked out where it curves in (where the license plate is attached)? I have a Mustang that I bought a black trunk panel and it looks really cool. I am looking for the same type of thing for my Explorer sport. Has anyone ever seen one?

Post 31 above should give you some sort of an idea of what it may look like.

Peter

Any problems to mount this size? Or just do it?

Cheers
Georgi
Since you haven't added the model of your Explorer to your profile, I don't know which one you have so I don't know what tire size you currently have. If you have an XLT with 245/60R18 tires, the ones you are asking about fall within the diameter specs with only a 0.95% difference.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Peter

2011 limited. I don't think it makes any sense if XLT or limited.

Cheers

Back