Finally Got the Window Sticker - 2015 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Got the Window Sticker - 2015 Explorer Limited

GFox

Reaction score
City, State
Glastonbury, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
The excitement of ordering our first new car had somewhat dwindled over the past few months as we waited for the 2015's to start being built, however the build date is now next Monday and we take receipt on July 7th. I was using the online Window Sticker generators every day to see if my window sticker was available and it finally popped up this morning. Thought i'd share it (my excitement is back)!!!

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8F8XFGA11420

- Steve
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The excitement of ordering our first new car had somewhat dwindled over the past few months as we waited for the 2015's to start being built, however the build date is now next Monday and we take receipt on July 7th. I was using the online Window Sticker generators every day to see if my window sticker was available and it finally popped up this morning. Thought i'd share it (my excitement is back)!!!

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8F8XFGA11420

- Steve

Nice!! Jealous :D still waiting for my VIN#

- Steve

Awesome news, Steve! You're one step closer to bringing it home. :D If you need some time killers while you wait for your new Explorer to arrive, I recommend spending some time at http://owner.ford.com You can download free copies of important vehicle documents, check out our maintenance tips, and get coupons for products and services. :thumbsup:

Crystal

GFox,

TBill here in Prescott, AZ. I use to live in Wethersfield, CT and purchased a number of vehicles from Monaco Ford. Nice people to deal with. Drove my '06 EB Explorer out here when I moved here in 2009. Took delivery of my 2014 ltd 4WD Exploer early in March. Loaded it up except for adaptive cruise control. One minor issue which has been resolved. Just turned 2K miles on her, she purrs like a kitten.
You can also download the My Ford Touch app for the iPad to get use to the new in vehicle technology.
Good luck with you new ride hope it arrives on time.:
TBill

What? You forgot the kitchen sink option. You cheaped out...

Congrats! When did you order? I have my VIN and supposed to be built July 7 but can't generate sticker yet... wondered how long it takes until it shows up.

Congrats! When did you order? I have my VIN and supposed to be built July 7 but can't generate sticker yet... wondered how long it takes until it shows up.

I been seeing the window stickers show up about 6 to 7 days before the SUV hits the production line. As I search dealer inventories I see they are now into the 22000 numbers for visible window stickers. My VIN is in the 25000 range so I think I have a little more of a wait. Researching the production line numbers it looks like they can build at least (conservative number)1000 a day but the Chicago plant makes more then just the explorers.

Hey guys, Have a 2015 Explorer XLT on order myself. What is the online window sticker generator? I am assuming must have your vin number. How do I find the site????

Thanks

My ETA for delivery is July 17th through July 23rd.

Anxiously awaiting my vin#. Funny before I ordered my Explorer I was in not hurry for my new vehicle. Now I can't wait for that little number to arrive. Maybe Santa and the Easter Bunny DO exist. LOL

Congrats to all that one step closer..

Happy dance, :party: my window sticker is finally on line.

Window Sticker

I too received my Window Sticker today for my 2015 Limited with a build date of July 7th(week of) and now wondering how long it may take to reach my dealer in Buffalo NY after its built.

I too received my Window Sticker today for my 2015 Limited with a build date of July 7th(week of) and now wondering how long it may take to reach my dealer in Buffalo NY after its built.

Mine is to be shipped to Medina, NY. I am thinking 2 weeks after built day? <fingers crossed> I don't have the build day yet but I am thinking it is the same as yours. Crystal did say my tentative dealer arrival date was July 25th. I am hoping that got moved up. I am wondering if ours will be on the same carrier.

Mine is going to west Herr in Hamburg hard to say if it would be the same carrier.

Well this blows a hole in my theory that they build in numerical order. My last 5 digits of my VIN number is less than yours and I still don't see my window sticker. I do have a tentative dealer delivery date though so I have about 4 more weeks.

Vin numbers are assigned when the vehicle gets scheduled so vehicles going down the line might be thousands of numbers off from one another. They get built according to "rotation" number (4 digits). That number gets assigned about a week before it's built. All the parts required to build each vehicle are tied to that number and in the correct order so it gets built correctly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vin numbers are assigned when the vehicle gets scheduled so vehicles going down the line might be thousands of numbers off from one another. They get built according to "rotation" number (4 digits). That number gets assigned about a week before it's built. All the parts required to build each vehicle are tied to that number and in the correct order so it gets built correctly.

Makes perfect sense. I quickly jumped to the in numerical order due to the inventory listings on ford.com. It really did seem they were coming out in order. I also noticed the assembly line had intermixed models (Taurus, then Explorer etc) too. Saw it on youtube :). So how is the rotation number determined? Do they coordinate by region they are to be shipped? This stuff fascinates me. I know I am weird. :)

Back