Methods of MFT reset - are they equal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Methods of MFT reset - are they equal?

txaggie

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
BACKGROUND INFO

I am having issues with the back up camera appearing. Unfortunately not repeatable conditions, so not worth taking in yet. I have done the reboot with the handy Sirius update and the System Master reset through the menu system.

Neither has fixed the problem.

QUESTION

Does the System Master reset do the same thing as pulling fuse 29 or removing the battery cable?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BACKGROUND INFO

I am having issues with the back up camera appearing. Unfortunately not repeatable conditions, so not worth taking in yet. I have done the reboot with the handy Sirius update and the System Master reset through the menu system.

QUESTION

Does the System Master reset do the same thing as pulling fuse 29 or removing the battery cable?

Thanks.

no, master reset erases all settings/non-volatile memory. You lose your navi entries, stereo eq settings, volume settings, and a ton others. Pulling fuse 29, or removing battery cable just does a reboot. There are some settings that seem to be lost with a reboot (in error), like ambient lighting color/settings, dash lcd settings, etc.

BACKGROUND INFO

QUESTION

Thanks.

What Sirius update?

BACKGROUND INFO

QUESTION

Thanks.
You can also try the procedure in the 'Sticky' section, MFT Acting Up?
I don't know if it will work for you. I think the issue is likely with the camera and not the MFT.

Peter

You can also try the procedure in the 'Sticky' section, MFT Acting Up?
I don't know if it will work for you. I think the issue is likely with the camera and not the MFT.

Peter

That's the reboot that was stripped from the Sirius update.

Back