Aftermarket wheels | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, I have no idea what was going through my head on that one! I edited my post to be a bit more, ummmm, lucid.

no big deal you just bursted my bubble because i just found a set of these and was thinking about going to buy them today!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Man, don't listen to me! If you like 'em, get 'em. It's your ride, make it the one you love! :)

I finally had them ordered and put on.
20" Enkei SVX with 265/50 Nitto NT421Q

14117707284_2c76894eba_h.jpg

looks nice. at first glance, i thought it was the sport rims

looks nice. at first glance, i thought it was the sport rims

Thanks, that's exactly what we were going for. We wanted the rims off of a 2011and up Edge Sport but it was cheaper and easier to get these.

I really like the looks of those wheels. Very, very nice.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Those wheels are very close to the new 2015 XLT Appearance Package wheels.

$1,195
The Appearance Package is optional on Explorer XLT, and includes:

• Leather-trimmed seats with Miko® suede insert and contrasting stitching
• 20-inch Machined aluminum wheels with painted pockets
• Magnetic painted grille, mirror caps and liftgate appliqué
• Black body side cladding and roof rack side rails
• Body-colored door handles
• Floor mats with unique badging
• Explorer badge on hood

I guess they are a bit similar. I'm looking hard to find something closer to only silver or silver/machined. I'm also considering the Ruff R359 and R954. Any suggestions of some like either of them?

I guess they are a bit similar. I'm looking hard to find something closer to only silver or silver/machined. I'm also considering the Ruff R359 and R954. Any suggestions of some like either of them?

I personally like the R954. I've eyed them a few times for myself. But I've decided not to buy new rims until I need to replace the tires. That might not be until next summer.

I put 22" wheels on mine and they look and feel great! Look at my profile pic.

I really like the wheels on the CGS Silver Explorer in this video (I'd prefer 22's though).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone added aftermarket wheels to their X yet? I thought I did my research and ordered a set of highend 22" wheels and tires and when they came in and had one mounted for fitment they looked very cheap like something you might find at Pepboys. I am starting the search all over again. I know they stock wheels are nice but want to personalize the X since their are 2 in the area now exactly like ours. Post your pics if you have any. i have seen the SEMA rides but 2 of them are 24"s and do not want to go that big.

I know what you mean. Quite a few wheel "upgrades" I've seen look like downgrades to me. Achieving the right look is kind of an art as you have so many things to consider. Wheel size, offset, width, color. Tire size is important for good execution as well.

I care about weight as well, so that takes a lot of wheels out of list of options. Weight affects acceleration, handling, braking, and fuel economy.

That being said, I have been considering wheel options for about a month or so and finally placed an order. My wheels are being made to order and will take 4-5 weeks to complete.

If my research pays off, hopefully I will achieve a look similar to this:

resized.jpg

spblkx5m2s.jpg

My setup will be:

22x10.5 +45 rear (Deep Concave)
22X9 +45 front (Semi Concave)
285 40 22 rear tires
265 40 22 front tires

Color I ordered should be more like this:
3684314643_63334f7b00_b.jpg

Back