• Register Today It's free!

end of the road for my ex

joe doe

Reaction score
City, State
slatington,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ex sport 4.0 ohv
its been a great 12 years but i gotta let it go today .goodbye ol friend ,gonna miss ya .

reverse in the 2nd trans went on friday . not going to replace it again . i love this truck but its time to let it go .
this will be the end of the road in my explorer journey ,gas prices will lead us to a ford focus hatchback .

the yard gonna gimme 600.00 for it .:(

i will still chime in from time to time and see if i can share any explorer knowledge i have learned over my 15 years of driving ex`s .bye all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its been a great 12 years but i gotta let it go today .goodbye ol friend ,gonna miss ya .

reverse in the 2nd trans went on friday . not going to replace it again . i love this truck but its time to let it go .
this will be the end of the road in my explorer journey ,gas prices will lead us to a ford focus hatchback .

the yard gonna gimme 600.00 for it .:(

i will still chime in from time to time and see if i can share any explorer knowledge i have learned over my 15 years of driving ex`s .bye all
I feel your pain .. I use to 4 wheel with the guys at The Ranger Station.. Well when my ranger trans blew up and I work 80hrs a week and no time for a rebuild the Purple people eater went to the junk yard ... I hated to get rid of the truck but no time and talking to the guys without my ranger wasn't the same .. Also I kind of gave 4 wheeling cause I had no money for a off road truck and a daily driver .. I learned years ago you need a separate truck when you off road ..

Take care Joe.

Sorry to hear the news. Maybe you should try to sell it on Craigslist - even if you only get the same $600 that the junkyard will give you at least the Explorer will have a chance to live on...

so we bought a 2014 kia rio hatchback now . maybe one day i have another explorer sport .i miss it

My 2000 Mountaineer came with an aftermarket radio and used a Metra adaptor. My wife got rear-ended at a light (not hard enough to damage the truck) and the radio came flying out the dash. The Metra adaptor's are cheap and depend on small plastic clips to hold the radio in the dash, which are insufficient. I don't have a suggestion how to improve this, but I've since installed an OE radio in this vehicle.

My 2000 Mountaineer came with an aftermarket radio and used a Metra adaptor. My wife got rear-ended at a light (not hard enough to damage the truck) and the radio came flying out the dash. The Metra adaptor's are cheap and depend on small plastic clips to hold the radio in the dash, which are insufficient. I don't have a suggestion how to improve this, but I've since installed an OE radio in this vehicle.

Wondering what that has to do with the OP's topic :p

Back