Possible New MFT update - Version 3.7.11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible New MFT update - Version 3.7.11

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Over at syncmyride forums they are buzzing about a new Sync update that was supposedly released on syncmyride and then withdrawn. Apparently its version 3.7.11.

Link: http://boards.synccommunity.com/dis...oftware_Update/fordsyncmb/9218.1?nav=messages

According to the poster there, a phone call to Lincoln confirmed that the update was version 3.7.11 but was (for now anyway) for the 2015 cars that were still on dealer lots.

Hopefully this update will be released for all <2015 MFT vehicles as well shortly. Perhaps someone with dealer connections (makuloco2000?) or the Ford IVT team can provide additional details.

Of course this is all unconfirmed rumors.

-J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked a vehicle earlier today on OASIS and CIP ver 3.7 was available. I checked my vehicle and it wasn't there for me. I'll check again and report back. I read a post earlier where syncmyride.com was down for someone....that might explain it.

Jason

I checked a vehicle earlier today on OASIS and CIP ver 3.7 was available. I checked my vehicle and it wasn't there for me. I'll check again and report back. I read a post earlier where syncmyride.com was down for someone....that might explain it.

Jason

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, when I checked on SMR it was not available for me. My guess is that it's for dealer's only at this time and then will be rolled out to existing users over time. I think the last update was phased in with some users not receiving their update for several weeks.

Still, it's a positive sign that a new update may be around the corner.

From OASIS for a 14 Taurus I just looked up.....my 13 Taurus shows no update.

CIP Current EA5T-14D544-AC Version Gen2 - V3.7
"ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Navigation:
•Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
•Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
•Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

Seriously? That's it?
No update in over a year; and that's it??

Thats brutal if thats all it is....nothing any of us will use.

While the update is minimal, we will get the ETA instead of ETT(estimated travel time). Minimal change and yes, currently you can touch the ETT square and get ETA, but I find it more useful to see arrival time vs. travel time. My opinion.

Wife and I picked up a 2014 Fusion hybrid to go along with my Explorer. The MFT in the Fusion also shows it is version Gen2 - V3.6.2 ... and showing it has latest version of software.

That is pretty neat.

Currently I am waiting for the Update 1 for my Windows Phone. The advantage it offers is putting in a phonebook contact for the voice assistant Cortana. All I will have to do is press the voice button and say "Call Cortana" and I will have voice control over my phone. It is quite a simple and elegant solution requiring no fancy hardware or any hoops to jump through. I wonder why other phone makers haven't tried it already?

That's very cool but once again it mentions compatibility with SYNC equipped vehicles not My Ford Touch equipped vehicles. Although it shows the 2011 and newer Explorer as compatible it still may be SYNC only.

If you go to the below link you'll find a list of supported Ford/Lincoln vehicles, note that all the Lincoln models mentioned come with MyLincoln (MyFord) Touch as standard.

https://www.automatic.com/ford/

Too bad they're missing the majority of the population with it being iPhone only.

Too bad they're missing the majority of the population with it being iPhone only.

They specifically talk about android support on their website. I think they are just highlighting the iPhone support since that is the biggest single smartphone population.

They specifically talk about android support on their website. I think they are just highlighting the iPhone support since that is the biggest single smartphone population.

Phone maybe but android greatly outnumbers ios. :)

Phone maybe but android greatly outnumbers ios. :)

Yes, but most people couldn't tell you what brand their phone is (without looking), let alone the actual model or which version of Android. The same is true for iPhone owners - most don't know which particular model it is or which version of iOS it runs. To a very large segment of the population a smartphone is just "oh I have an iPhone. It works" or "oh I have a droid. Its bigger than the iPhone." Since the iPhone is the best selling line of phones (though not the best selling operating system), and it was the phone that really kicked off the modern smartphone craze - "iPhone" often gets interchanged with smartphone. I've literally heard someone say "Can I use your iPhone?" to a friend who had a new HTC One, and the friend responded "Its a Droid Galaxy"

As I mentioned, they specifically talk about android on their site when you dig into the specifics, so they likely support iOS and Android. Their marketing only mentions iPhone support for the reasons I just gave, which can be summed up by my original statement - that the iPhone is the best selling phone.

Back