Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

I received my black trunk emblem for my 2015, but it appeared that it was supposed to just be stuck on top of the current blue one? Ugly. I returned it. Do they make a full replacement like on the front?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe most members have been using the stick on or overlays. According to some posts in this thread you can get the stick on type or full replacements.

Peter

I received my black trunk emblem for my 2015, but it appeared that it was supposed to just be stuck on top of the current blue one? Ugly. I returned it. Do they make a full replacement like on the front?

The rear emblem is a stick on and requires a bit more effort to fit properly. There are several posts on how to attach it but in short you have to remove rear emblem, pry off the blue tin cover and stick the new tin cover one on top of the emblem base. Looks great once you've done it ;)

Gel overlays doesn't come close to a painted ones and are also very hard to find since Ford has forced most of the vendors to stop producing them.

The rear emblem is a stick on and requires a bit more effort to fit properly. There are several posts on how to attach it but in short you have to remove rear emblem, pry off the blue tin cover and stick the new tin cover one on top of the emblem base. Looks great once you've done it ;)

Gel overlays doesn't come close to a painted ones and are also very hard to find since Ford has forced most of the vendors to stop producing them.

Shoot. I never read a post that said to do all that... So I sent back the product I needed?

The search function of this forum struggles... It refuses to produce the results of the words I use for whatever reason. Brutal. I just want to purchase the entire full emblem like I did for the front.

There are several posts in this thread that mention the stick on rear emblem and even how to remove the one you have.

Peter

Shoot. I never read a post that said to do all that... So I sent back the product I needed? The search function of this forum struggles... It refuses to produce the results of the words I use for whatever reason. Brutal. I just want to purchase the entire full emblem like I did for the front.

For some reason the rear is a stick on tin piece and the front a complete emblem. I haven't found a complete rear emblem. So yes, the tin piece was the only version available as I know.
You also need new double sided adhesive for the emblem base, since the tape on the base will be destroyed when removing the emblem from the truck or prying the blue tin cover off. Sorry ;)

For some reason the rear is a stick on tin piece and the front a complete emblem. I haven't found a complete rear emblem. So yes, the tin piece was the only version available as I know.
You also need new double sided adhesive for the emblem base, since the tape on the base will be destroyed when removing the emblem from the truck or prying the blue tin cover off. Sorry ;)

I was told that the one I'm receiving just sticks on over the blue while still on the truck.

I was told that the one I'm receiving just sticks on over the blue while still on the truck.

You can do it that way but then you get a thin chrome circle around the outside of the emblem. If you remove the stock emblem from the backing and place the new black emblem on the plastic backing that will not happen.

You can do it that way but then you get a thin chrome circle around the outside of the emblem. If you remove the stock emblem from the backing and place the new black emblem on the plastic backing that will not happen.

How easy/difficult is it to do that?

If I remove it, then there will be NO chrome showing?

Guys please check out ebay store "coolcoatz." This guy does hydrodipped OEM emblems (amound other parts). His product looked like it comes from the factory. I was very pleased with the front and rear emblems I received from him (and he owns a xsport).

Just noted another one out of CA.?

"downatthebuilding" on ebay. He has black ones with RED letters!

I think they were $49.00 and $5.00 shipping.

That seller has been mentioned on here several times with mixed reviews.

Peter

OK, Thanks Peter, must have missed it. I spent quite a while last night reading all the comments about this, some were a little intense. I seen the Black and Red one on Ebay while I was trying to find :Coolcoats" on Ebay with negative results.

I probably missed it because I have not been on eBay since 08 or 09 and it has really changed. Also I am not that good with a computer anyways.

The reviews were posts by members on this forum. It's quite possible that they may have been in another thread since there are a few on the emblems.
Cheers

Peter

Just noted another one out of CA.?

"downatthebuilding" on ebay. He has black ones with RED letters!

I think they were $49.00 and $5.00 shipping.

I have the black with red letters on my focus. just got the black with silver letters for my parents sport. The guy does some good work with painting.

As has been mentioned the rear one is an OEM ford emblem and it MUST replace the blue one. That is the blue must come off before the black can go on. It's a bit of a pain but with some patience it'll be looking good in no time.

Thanks Dentalpain, I did not even catch I spelled it wrong.

therover1991- is your focus Ruby Red or would the emblem go with the ruby red?

I have not seen it mentioned yet but has anybody found a place that has a complete kit with all the black Emblems & blackout items in it?

Thanks Dentalpain, I did not even catch I spelled it wrong.

therover1991- is your focus Ruby Red or would the emblem go with the ruby red?

its ruby red, the red is somewhere between race red and ruby red I would say. For the price its good enough honestly.

2014-06-16094032_zpsef7e4884.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the picture!:) Looks good on it!

Back