new SYNC Software V3.7 update | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! Sure is a bunch of unwarranted griping over nothing. 3.7 only does the following things:

Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen.

Nothing in there says anything about ambient lighting or anything else. No debugging, no fixes for any known or unknown issues, imagined or otherwise.

Experience dictates that Ford offered this to 2014 - up owners now as it's an easy comport to those specific SYNC systems. Read the data and it's not even a recommended/required update, just available if desired. There will be a SYNC update for 2013 - down systems when they have significant value-added function and features. The EOL talk is just ridiculous at this point with no evidence to support it. Gives rise to the belief that people don't care how much it costs as long as it's free...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is exactly the update info I posted. I think this issue is being blown out of proportion IMHO. I tend to agree with your post. :thumbsup:

Peter

anyone have a download link to 3.7?

WOW!! Sure is a bunch of unwarranted griping over nothing. 3.7 only does the following things:

Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen.

Nothing in there says anything about ambient lighting or anything else. No debugging, no fixes for any known or unknown issues, imagined or otherwise.

Experience dictates that Ford offered this to 2014 - up owners now as it's an easy comport to those specific SYNC systems. Read the data and it's not even a recommended/required update, just available if desired. There will be a SYNC update for 2013 - down systems when they have significant value-added function and features. The EOL talk is just ridiculous at this point with no evidence to support it. Gives rise to the belief that people don't care how much it costs as long as it's free...

Experience dictates that Ford has never included a list of bugs fixed in a version. It stands to reason the fix for ambient lighting is included in this 3.7 release, since it was released as a separate patch prior the 3.7 release for 3.6.2 users. It would be backwards to have it UNDO a valid fix. So unless you have specific knowledge of exactly what code was changed or added for the 3.7 release you aren't qualified to make that statement.

Regardless, there is no technical reason to not publish this update for 2013 users (at least not any being provided by Ford), and there is no sync hardware difference between the 2013 and 2014 models (negating your "easy to <some word> to those specific SYNC systems").

Releasing 3.7 w/ no valid explanation of why prior MY's are excluded is bad business. If Ford said "We have a larger release encompassing 2011+ models coming soon" then it would relieve the angst, but they aren't saying that.

There are also new features in this release that are useful to many 2013 owners. The time of arrival and larger street name labels on navigation are welcomed features. Again prior MY's are being shun from a promised product. I was told when I purchased my 2013 that I would be eligible for ALL SYNC updates for 5 years from purchase date (regardless of mileage). This release is not aligned w/ that selling statement.

That is exactly the update info I posted. I think this issue is being blown out of proportion IMHO. I tend to agree with your post. :thumbsup:

You're not in the excluded group, so thumbs up all you want, but you were given access to the update and therefor don't really have an unbiased opinion about it's necessity.

[MENTION=258602]DeepBlueSC[/MENTION]

I appreciate that my post, in isolation, might be considered a bit over the top, but for some context: people owning 2011-2012 vehicles have been dealing with Ford's horrible communication on MFT issues since the beginning. It's bigger than this one update. It took them 3 years to finally acknowledge we won't be getting Applink - a feature promised by many dealers - and even then it was in ONE post by Rebecca that could be interpreted in a few different ways depending on how you read it. Call it frustration with Ford spilling over - the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me.

I don't gripe about much here because nobody has the power to do anything, but I'm getting sick and tired of Ford's horrible communication regarding MFT. I guess I was venting more than anything, and also trying to defend some other members who were being told their concerns on this topic weren't legitimate.

As far as PeterK9 goes, he's an eternal optimist, a diehard Ford/Lincoln lover, and a glass half full guy. He probably wouldn't care even if he was still in his 2011 Explorer. I think the wheels would literally have to come off his car for him to be upset by anything. :D

As already explained by someone else, in the 3 years I've owned the vehicle, I've updated the software about 4 times and I don't recall them ever releasing the list of bug fixes they include, yet bugs we all know exist disappear. It doesn't mean there aren't bug fixes, just that Ford doesn't admit there are bugs in the first place to fix.

Since the update doesn't or hasn't affected anything I use MLT for, my opinion is totally unbiased. It's as if nothing was done at all. The only update that may be useful is the change to 'Time of Arrival' instead of 'Time to Destination' which I could have figured out any way. Don't plan on driving to Europe, Australia or New Zealand so that update isn't of any use and the ability to mute was already there in the previous version. Also it seems there are members with "excluded" models that are updating their MFT anyway. The member I was agreeing with also belongs to the "excluded" group.

Peter

[MENTION=258602].........As far as PeterK9 goes, he's an eternal optimist, a diehard Ford/Lincoln lover, and a glass half full guy. He probably wouldn't care even if he was still in his 2011 Explorer. I think the wheels would literally have to come off his car for him to be upset by anything. :D
I think you've come pretty close.:D:thumbsup: I guess the fact that I lease also has a bit to do with it.

Peter

You're not in the excluded group, so thumbs up all you want, but you were given access to the update and therefor don't really have an unbiased opinion about it's necessity.

You'll come to learn around here... peterk9's opinion is the only one that counts. Don't get him started talking about videos in a vehicle!

Since the update doesn't or hasn't affected anything I use MLT for, my opinion is totally unbiased.

That would be exactly the opposite... the update hasn't impacted anything YOU use it for so you are biased to YOUR uses. That is exactly the bias others are referring to. Geez.

You'll come to learn around here... peterk9's opinion is the only one that counts. Don't get him started talking about videos in a vehicle!
Totally untrue as long as anything that's done is legal. Everyone has the right to their opinion on this forum as I've said many times, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with them. If you have use for the 3 items that I mentioned in post 108, that's great. :thumbsup:

Peter

Gives rise to the belief that people don't care how much it costs as long as it's free...

I think the point is if we can't even get these updates with "nothing" in them, do you really think we are going to get a meaningful update? And I wouldn't call it free...I spent a lot of money less than 2 years ago.

I think we have received a clear message where the update line is. Next year they will drop the 14 and those owners will join in our frustration. I still like my sport and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. I'll just have to get over that the tech will be outdated someday. Maybe we'll find a way to hack it by then.

Experience dictates that Ford has never included a list of bugs fixed in a version. It stands to reason the fix for ambient lighting is included in this 3.7 release, since it was released as a separate patch prior the 3.7 release for 3.6.2 users. It would be backwards to have it UNDO a valid fix. So unless you have specific knowledge of exactly what code was changed or added for the 3.7 release you aren't qualified to make that statement.

Regardless, there is no technical reason to not publish this update for 2013 users (at least not any being provided by Ford), and there is no sync hardware difference between the 2013 and 2014 models (negating your "easy to <some word> to those specific SYNC systems").

Releasing 3.7 w/ no valid explanation of why prior MY's are excluded is bad business. If Ford said "We have a larger release encompassing 2011+ models coming soon" then it would relieve the angst, but they aren't saying that.

There are also new features in this release that are useful to many 2013 owners. The time of arrival and larger street name labels on navigation are welcomed features. Again prior MY's are being shun from a promised product. I was told when I purchased my 2013 that I would be eligible for ALL SYNC updates for 5 years from purchase date (regardless of mileage). This release is not aligned w/ that selling statement.

While I specifically didn't 'call anyone out' in my post as it was a general comment regarding 'much ado about nothing', it's ironic that I got quoted so much for simply stating common knowledge facts.

Ford does typically indicate bug fixes when they are an integral part of a general software update, maybe you failed to look in the right place. As those who had the ambient lighting 'bug' fixed and then installed the 3.7 update to find the exact same ambient light 'bug' is now no longer fixed is demonstrative that specific fix is not a part of the 3.7 update. This is as clear an indication as the eclipse and the sunrise this morning (Both quite beautiful, I might add!) that they didn't include any bug fixes in 3.7. Also, for future reference unless Ford specifically indicates this is a required, needed or recommended update, you can safely assume there are no bug fixes included. As you have no idea who I am or what I may know, attacking my potential qualifications for ANYTHING is beyond your scope of capabilities, so in effort to maintain the necessary civil discourse that is so desperately lacking in our current society, I would ask you to refrain from such attacks in the future.

Ford, nor any other manufacturer of anything sold anywhere is under no obligation to tell anyone anything regarding their future plans, so that type of Totalitarian demand is just plain ridiculous and short sighted.

There are a number of 'useful' & 'welcomed features' (your words) that are available on the 2015 model. I suppose we should all go down to our local dealer this morning and demand they include and install those features onto our current vehicles immediately. While we're at it, we should do the same for our stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, phones (both kinds), TV's, etc., on ad infinitum... Make your signs up now so when they refuse we can alert any and all potential customers, and the community at large, to the outrage of it all. Then maybe we should march in protest across the country to Washington and demand Congress address this issue as well...

As far as being eligible for all SYNC updates, your argument is flawed in it's inception as the 3.7 update is specifically NOT for your particular vehicle, or more appropriately, IS for the specific cars listed. Those 2015 Competition Orange, Guard and Triple Yellow colors are not available on the Explorer either. I think we should all contact Ford and demand they include those color options for all vehicles...

As I personally feel just terrible about offending the sensibilities of this forum's constituents and contributors, I will send a FREE gold plated flush handle to everyone who sends me $50 cash in a self addressed, postage paid 4" by 4" by 4" box. Also, I commit to upgrade their handle to the platinum plated model at any time within the 5 minutes prior to receiving the gold plated unit. This offer is subject to the undisclosed restrictions and conditions that will remain undisclosed...

LOLOLOL...

I just connected an old VCR to the microwave in the garage. I put a chicken in the microwave and selected REWIND on the VCR. It ran for over an hour and the chicken is still not an egg.

I also failed, as hard as I tried, to get the scrambled eggs back into the shell, so I could put the VCR on FAST FORWARD and have chicken.

The poultry industry has deceived us all!! If chickens are eggs and eggs are chickens, why should I have to possess both in order to have either???????

At the risk of being ridiculed again, I fully agree with what you posted, except perhaps about the chicken and egg thing.;)

Peter

DeepBlueSC,

Well said, even the chicken and egg stuff.

...so in effort to maintain the necessary civil discourse that is so desperately lacking in our current society, I would ask you to refrain from such attacks in the future.

Your discourse is the one that is far from civil and you have been the one on the "attack" in this thread. Calling someone's concern (legitimate or not) a "totalitarian demand" and then insulting them with ridiculous examples is far from civil. :thumbdwn:

PeterK9 - I think this thread is done. It's probably best to lock it down before any more of this nonsense.

As those who had the ambient lighting 'bug' fixed and then installed the 3.7 update to find the exact same ambient light 'bug' is now no longer fixed is demonstrative that specific fix is not a part of the 3.7 update.

source? This isn't the feedback I'm receiving from those on 3.7

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

See post 63. As jmr061 mentioned, the ambient file 'fix' disappeared after loading 3.7 but could not say if the 'fix' was included in the update or not. He will keep an eye on the lighting issue to see if it returns.
Logic would imply that the fix should have been included but that doesn't necessarily make it so.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back