Does MFT 3.7 fix Ambient Lighting Issue? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does MFT 3.7 fix Ambient Lighting Issue?

Lewisra

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer limited
Looking for a reason to install 3.7. For THOSE THAT HAVE installed 3.7, has this fixed your Ambient Lighting changing to default color issue? If so, how long have you had it installed and how much do you use MFT for things other than listening to the radio.

I'm looking for responses from those that have upgraded and noticed the ambient lighting issue previously.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please don't move this post to the other thread. This is a separate topic with a question a couple of us have asked there with still no definitive answer. If anyone who has installed 3.7 can verify this it would be helpful to a lot of people. Especially those of us who spent time installing the TSB.

I noticed the ambient lighting issue once on 3.6.2 when it changed back to the default. I assumed it was because of those 'stealthy' updates the MFT does periodically to clean things up because I also had to reset the rearview camera delay back to ON. I installed 3.7 on October 1st and so far so good. I do use the MFT mainly for music but have also used it for phone and navigation. Before loading 3.7 my CCPU S/W Version showed 4.30.13171.PRODUCT now it shows 4.32.14122_PRODUCT which means I no longer meet the prerequisite for the Ambient Lighting TSB.

Peter

I never had 3.6 as I just got my sport a week ago so it had 3.7 when I drove off the lot. I have not had any issues with the ambient lighting with 3.7

I never had 3.6 as I just got my sport a week ago so it had 3.7 when I drove off the lot. I have not had any issues with the ambient lighting with 3.7

Possibly had ambient lighting TSB installed also.

If someone who has installed 3.7 would use the reboot trick in the stickied "MFT acting up..." We could know.

Who wants to volunteer??? :)

I"ve looked through some of the locked thread, and I saw they took down the update temporarily. Has it been put back up? I have a 14 Sport and when I go to the update page it says 3.6.2 is the latest version. I'm guessing the update hasn't been put back up, but just wanted to check.

So far so good. Mine has not changed back to the factory default since I installed 3.7.

Peter

I had this problem too. Just installed 3.7 tonight so I'll let you know.

It was annoying...

It's been 4 days and the color has not changed. I think they did fix that bug in this version.

I have 3.7 and mine still goes back to the stock color. I'll have them check it next service.

Strange. Mine has been okay since I installed 3.7 a few months ago as have many others.

Peter

3.7 fixed it for mine. For those of you that think having the TSB for 3.6.2 performed and then 3.7 installed is the reason it is working you would be wrong....installing 3.7 wipes out the TSB fix.

Back