Aftermarket wheels | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Lol, cool thx for the info, at least some of it

Yeah, Ive been trying to figure out how far out to push the wheel/tire combo as not to have to use spacers. Was there something else you were curious about?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Falken RT-7M 22in wheels

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

I wasn't really into black wheels but I grew to like these. They look much better in person

Just wondering if you are on lowering springs???

Yeah, Ive been trying to figure out how far out to push the wheel/tire combo as not to have to use spacers. Was there something else you were curious about?

Actually, you read my mind, I'm also trying to avoid spacers. The wheels I found are slight concave, (22x9) and show an offset of 35. I'm looking for a flush fit, with H&R springs (not sure if Flex of EX springs will make a difference). That's my goal. I'm thinking that a low 30 offset will be the answer, but I just don't know.

Sounds like you haven't ordered your wheels yet, any info on your end as to what the magic number is for a flush fit? ( if that is what you are looking for) (( with a 285 tire))

I went with 24s on my explorer xlt, and no regrets so far. I expected a rougher ride, but besides a little more road noise, I haven't really experienced any downfalls. Everything is surprisingly smooth, and no rubbing issues at all.
20140826_193044.jpg

I like the wheels!
i think 24s are perfect for these trucks, my only critique would be a little more tire, or lower it

keep us updated

Here's my girl:

Attachments

• IMG_2888e.JPG
    IMG_2888e.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 5,044

Vossen?

yep. 22" CVTs on Nitto 420s.

Already lookin to upgrade tho haha.

I contacted Vossen a month ago about fitment for an Explorer & they had nothing. Confused

sounds like you talked to the intern haha. wanna buy mine?

Winter Wheel Ideas

Hi, new to the forum. I was thinking of getting a new set of winter wheels and tires for my 2012 Explorer Limited, it's Metallic Gray. I saw these and thought they looked good. I was thinking 18" with Bridgestone Blizzak 245/60/18. What do you guys think about the look? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

ExplorerwithKonigCrownWheels.jpg

Not for me, too busy, too many spokes to clean and get clogged up with snow.
...but it's your car. :chug:

frank :ca:

Hi, new to the forum. I was thinking of getting a new set of winter wheels and tires for my 2012 Explorer Limited, it's Metallic Gray. I saw these and thought they looked good. I was thinking 18" with Bridgestone Blizzak 245/60/18. What do you guys think about the look? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I have to agree. I don't think this would be a good wheel for winter driving. I'd get something less busy and cleaner looking.

Of course I think a lot of these aftermarket wheels look ridiculous on the Explorer. I think you have to choose carefully.

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

Depending on what you want for your winter tires you could do what I plan on doing. I am hoping to use my stock rims with winter tires and buying aftermarket for my summer.... once my tires need to be replaced.

Baddceo,
Nice set up! Good choice of
wheel/tire style & size! Lookin badass!
You have Ex Sport tail lights installed or tinted your
stock?

Thank you and good catch. Those are vinyl tinted EX. Didnt care to spend almost 1k on sport tail lights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you and good catch. Those are vinyl tinted EX. Didnt care to spend almost 1k on sport tail lights.

Might consider tinting your headlights also,
or at least the amber portion. Smooths
out the look of the front end.

Back