2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Let's get back on the thread topic, shall we.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let's get back on the thread topic, shall we.

Peter

right, but not much to talk about this time, not so many words from Ford regarding new Explorer...

Sharkfin clearly visible on 2nd and 3rd Ex.

-Looks like rear wiper is on the glass = rear hatch glass can open NICE.

-Sharkfin

-nicer headlights?

-air/water leak tester on drivers side roof rail? lol no its just the bra rolled up around the rail...

-B pillar aplique is taped down to the max to not fly off into the pretty green field..

-is that still a slight gap near the corner bend of the window trim? (look closely..._

Isn't the current rear wiper also on the glass?

Peter

-Looks like rear wiper is on the glass = rear hatch glass can open NICE.

-Sharkfin

-nicer headlights?

-air/water leak tester on drivers side roof rail? lol no its just the bra rolled up around the rail...

-B pillar aplique is taped down to the max to not fly off into the pretty green field..

-is that still a slight gap near the corner bend of the window trim? (look closely..._

The wiper on the rear glass doesn't mean it will open. That's how the wiper is on the current gen.

ohhhhh my bad thats right just cleaned mine wth am I thinking...

Rear tail lights a little larger and bump out

Exhaust tips are rectangular and built in with rear facia like Acadia Denali

New roof rack and trim

Front lights thinner more angular and driving lights look similar to 15 F150 "Atlas Concept" lights but smaller.

Looks much more like an update vs a redesign from these pics...

You know the only reason the car manufacturers do this stuff is to make what you are driving now seem obsolete and make you spend money for something you really don't need. Kind of like the cell phone companies and computer companies.

My old Motorola bag phone in my 1992 Plymouth Acclaim do just fine, thank you!

I hear there will be a high end trim line above the Limited and Sport! Combines the best of both, and then some.

I hear there will be a high end trim line above the Limited and Sport! Combines the best of both, and then some.

Well that just figures... A year after I get my Sport they finally offer it properly equipped. Lol

Probably a platinum trim like on the F150 and expedition. Probably going to be pushing the price close to $60k based off what a sport sells for now, should draw in some people coming from luxury brands though.

That's a good marketing ploy. It allows Ford to sell what is essentially a $35,000 SUV for $55,000 to $60,000 and pocket the profit!

We should know next month when the 2016 is revealed at the L.A. Auto Show if that is fact or not about a new trim level. I'd be surprised if there was one.

Peter

Probably a platinum trim like on the F150 and expedition. Probably going to be pushing the price close to $60k based off what a sport sells for now, should draw in some people coming from luxury brands though.

Since it will come standard with every option I'm sure it will be close to that. Plus some features not available on lower trims. Only options will be 2nd row buckets, console and up charge paint colors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our automotive crystal ball: Ford Explorer's updated styling for 2016
ford_explorer_2016_01_zpsb099f10a.jpg

ford_explorer_2016_02_zpsa424a8b3.jpg

Back