Backup Camera Resolution | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Backup Camera Resolution

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i havent noticed a problem with clarity on my wifes 12 limited. the resolution seems better then on my 08 chevy avalanche and my brothers 08 tahoe.

it's a backup camera,,
you're not shooting the new Star Wars with it,,
it helps you see tricycles and kids as you back up,,

I have an 11XLT and my picture is crystal clear. Unless water gets on the lens cover, or the occasional car wash getting a little wax on it.

My friend with his new X5 BMW was irritated his picture isn't as clear. Another friend with a BMW 7 series is extremely upset, he doesn't even have heated seats and his was $70K (but it's a 2010). He's going to get the Explorer Sport because he likes my explorer so much.

I have an 11XLT and my picture is crystal clear. Unless water gets on the lens cover, or the occasional car wash getting a little wax on it.

My friend with his new X5 BMW was irritated his picture isn't as clear. Another friend with a BMW 7 series is extremely upset, he doesn't even have heated seats and his was $70K (but it's a 2010). He's going to get the Explorer Sport because he likes my explorer so much.

German cars are a whole different ball game. He should have shipped before he dropped that kind of $.

I will try and post a picture later but the image from our RVC is very washed out looking. It looks like someone turned the brightness level up all the way on the top portion of the image that is being displayed when backing up. Is this normal or should I be contacting the dealer for a replacement?

I will try and post a picture later but the image from our RVC is very washed out looking. It looks like someone turned the brightness level up all the way on the top portion of the image that is being displayed when backing up. Is this normal or should I be contacting the dealer for a replacement?

Since you're concerned about it, BMETFerg, I'd have your dealership check it out. They'll be in the best position to determine if a repair needs to be made. How many miles are on your Explorer?

Crystal

That does not seem normal and must have changed from what it originally displayed for you to notice the difference. Since there are no camera adjustments that I am aware of, I think it likely requires a replacement unless you can live with it the way it is.

Peter

20141205_185322_HDR.jpg

This is the image from my camera one night while it was raining. Today my wife had to pick up her EX from having a brake job taken care of and while she was there she sat in a 2014 EX and said the camera looks the same when in reverse, very washed out like the contrast isn't set right. Will you guys please post pictures of your image. The rear view feature is useless at night with the littlest bit of light because it washes the whole screen out.

I think that is normal. During the day, my image is like an HD picture but at night it is much like the one you posted.

Peter

During the day ours is far from HD. I will post pictures from the daytime soon

I think there was an improvement with the camera made in either the 2013 or 2014 models. The daytime picture I have now is much better than the one I had in my 2011 Limited.

Peter

I have a 2015 XLT and my camera is crystal clear during both the day and night. Much clearer than I expected a back up camera to be.

I don't have a back-up camera. I have a BEEP, BEEP, BEEPER. So any resolution you have is better than mine! :D:scratch:

I actually think the camera on our '13 is great. Way better than cars I've owned the past. I had a '12 Forester that had an AWFUL picture. However, at the end of the day, its only used for making sure you hit anything. I'd say as long as you can see a child behind your car then its fine.

Back