Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

Has anyone done a "bi-directional" (with FOB not cell) remote start upgrade on the Explorer? I have a 2015 XLT. It has the factory hood switch wired in and has factory remote lock/unlock. From what I can tell I need to purchase 1) DL3Z-19A361-A - Vehicle Security System, 2) DL3Z-15K601-A - Bi-directional FOB and 3)
DL3Z-15603-C - Upgradeable, Bi-Directional Remote Start Antenna Kit. When I look at the install directions, it looks like I need to install an antenna on the windshield behind the rear view mirror, but I don't see that antenna included in any of the kits. The antenna included in part #3 above is the style that typically gets mounted somewhere behind the dash ( at least that is what the online pictures show). Has anybody done this install....are these the correct parts I need?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes those are the correct parts according to the Ford Remote Start cheat sheet. You answered your own question on the antenna though....DL3Z-15603-C - Upgradeable, Bi-Directional Remote Start Antenna Kit. Don't trust everything you see on the net as far as pics go.

Don't forget the dealer still must enable remote start.

Thanks for the reply Jason.... I had a feeling that the antenna pic was incorrect.

Thanks for the reply Jason.... I had a feeling that the antenna pic was incorrect.

If you plan to purchase it from one of the vendors here ask them for a copy of the install instructions first.

Actually a little searching and I found the manual on line if you are interested.

That would be the one!

Please let us know if we can help with anything. It looks like you guys have the info sorted out well :)

We are offering Free Shipping on all orders over 99.00 too!

-Benny

Please let us know if we can help with anything. It looks like you guys have the info sorted out well :)

We are offering Free Shipping on all orders over 99.00 too!

-Benny

Perhaps you could help some prospective buyers:

What do you charge for:

DL3Z-19A361-A (security kit)

DL3Z-15603-C (antenna kit)

DS7Z-15K601-F (one way transmitter)

DL3Z-15K601-A (two way transmitter)

DL3Z-19A390-B (cell phone RMU kit)

Do they even sell the DL3Z-19G364-A kit anymore (security and RMU all in one)?

Also BIG question here. If someone came in and wanted you to just enable the basic remote start system via IDS and nothing more, how much do you charge for that so members here have a good gauge of what to expect? As in they already have the hood pin and a remote start key.

Thanks

Jason

What do you charge for:

Also BIG question here. If someone came in and wanted you to just enable the basic remote start system via IDS and nothing more, how much do you charge for that so members here have a good gauge of what to expect? As in they already have the hood pin and a remote start key.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Pricing gets updated each month by Ford so I do not want to list any prices that may not be accurate in the future. Here is a link to our Explorer remote start category http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/explorer-remote-start-electronics-c-29_97_128.html

Please note for the Bi Directional kit we have grouped 2 items together http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-remote-start-system-directional-p-2277.html

No the older kits are no longer available to order from Ford. Any vendor still offering them most likely had them in stock.

Our Service department operates as a separate entity from us and they set their own pricing, We are not even located in the same building.

If you are a local customer I can send an inquiry in for you to get a price. If I had to guess 1 Hour would be Max and 30 Minutes would be minimum so between 55 and 110 but these labor rates change depending on your area and dealer.

-Benny

What do you charge for:

Thanks

Jason

Fantastic price!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-STO...TART-STARTER-KIT-iphone-android-/350950539631

or

http://www.amazon.com/2011-2013-For...&qid=1418164606&sr=8-1&keywords=DL3Z-19G364-A

several on here, I got mine from Banner who activates for free.

I got mine at cost and thats $100 cheaper than that.

Hey all I've got a question about the remote access app. Is there an easy way to tell if this is installed if the seller doesn't know if it is already? Most dealers, I'm sure, wouldn't take too kindly to me pulling the interior apart searching for it.

I know it's suppose to mount behind the glove compartment, and it's easy enough to access. But if it's not there, I've read some folks stating the dealer installed them elsewhere. Is there a sure-fire location to look, say for a connection, that would tell me if it is, or is not, installed?

Thanks.

If its a newer kit it would have the connection point at the OBD2 connector. There is actually a "T" and a "new" OBD2 connector is put in the original OBD2 connector spot. Otherwise it would T into the TPMS sensor in the center console. Other than physically looking at things there is no way to tell.

1st I want to thank everyone for all the great info. I have a couple of questions.(2015 explorer sport)
1.starting the car seems hit or miss with remote access I get alot of server errors from the app.
2. when it does start and i open the hatch without disarming it sets off the alarm, that does not happen with any other door i have the keyless my key .it was installed at the dealer

Welcome to the Forum Itsallgreek2me. :wavey:
Thanks for taking out an Elite membership to help support the Forum.:thumbsup:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Itsallgreek2me. :wavey:
Thanks for taking out an Elite membership to help support the Forum.:thumbsup:

Peter

Its the least i could after everything i've learned so far

I set my alarm off by opening the liftgate, about 30 minutes later I got the notification on my cell-phone. WTF?

Is this the normal delayed response everyone is getting with this system?

I thought it would instant?

I set my alarm off by opening the liftgate, about 30 minutes later I got the notification on my cell-phone. WTF?

I would not say its the normal response time, Have you tried it multiple times just to test the average alert time?

-Benny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine takes 1 to 4 minutes. the think it depends on your cell network traffic

Back