Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if the 2014 AVS or Weathertechs will work on the 2015? Both companies say they're not available. It's been raining a lot lately and I miss having them.

Trying to find set of weathertechs for my 15 explorer. On their website, I get the following: Side Window Deflectors is not yet available for your Ford 2015 Explorer.

Anyone with a 15 had any luck with a 14 set?

Mike

Trying to find set of weathertechs for my 15 explorer. On their website, I get the following: Side Window Deflectors is not yet available for your Ford 2015 Explorer.

Anyone with a 15 had any luck with a 14 set?

Mike

I had some AVS in channel delivered today. The packaging indicated 2011-2015. I tried to install them but they didn't seem to work.

I had some AVS in channel delivered today. The packaging indicated 2011-2015. I tried to install them but they didn't seem to work.
I called weathertech and was told that the 14 version will not fit the 15, they haven't started development for the 15s.

Makes me wonder what changed.

I called weathertech and was told that the 14 version will not fit the 15, they haven't started development for the 15s.

Makes me wonder what changed.

The dimensions seem to be what they should be. It is so tight fitting that I couldn't get the window past the visor. The ones that came were also pretty scratched up, I don't even want it on my new ride.

The dimensions seem to be what they should be. It is so tight fitting that I couldn't get the window past the visor. The ones that came were also pretty scratched up, I don't even want it on my new ride.

I've read that AVS has the "to thick" issue. I have a set of weathertechs on my 14 Silverado, no issues. Hope they get to manufacturing the 15s soon.

Mike

I've read that AVS has the "to thick" issue. I have a set of weathertechs on my 14 Silverado, no issues. Hope they get to manufacturing the 15s soon.

Mike

I had AVS on my previous ride - a 2012 Nissan Titan. I would get the window kick back maybe 3% of the time, but other than that they fit perfect.

In September, I bought the AVS for my 2015. They were too thick, and the auto windows wouldn't roll all the way up. I promptly sent them back and called Weathertech. They told me the 2014 would fit the 2015, so I ordered them. They fit like a glove, and they are 100X better than the AVS in looks, and function.

But I disagree with the noise comment above. On the highway with the window cracked, it makes a significant noise. Not in town though.

The Weathertech cost a bit more, but IMO they're worth the upgrade.

In September, I bought the AVS for my 2015. They were too thick, and the auto windows wouldn't roll all the way up. I promptly sent them back and called Weathertech. They told me the 2014 would fit the 2015, so I ordered them. They fit like a glove, and they are 100X better than the AVS in looks, and function.

But I disagree with the noise comment above. On the highway with the window cracked, it makes a significant noise. Not in town though.

The Weathertech cost a bit more, but IMO they're worth the upgrade.

So you had no issues fitting the 14s on your 15? That's good know, weathertech told me that they wouldn't fit.

Mike

So you had no issues fitting the 14s on your 15? That's good know, weathertech told me that they wouldn't fit.

Mike

There must be some changes from 14 to 15. The Weathertech floor mats have different product #s .

Mike
no sir. They fit like a glove. I got my 2015 the first week of Sep. and not many places had after market parts yet. I called and they said the '14s would fit. They did.

no sir. They fit like a glove. I got my 2015 the first week of Sep. and not many places had after market parts yet. I called and they said the '14s would fit. They did.

Cool, thanks! I'll contact Weathertech again and order a set.

Mike

Does anyone know if in-channel window visors for 2011-15 will work on the 2016 Explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back