Needing to find a GPS module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Needing to find a GPS module

lencooley

Reaction score
City, State
Greenfield, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
We just purchased a 2007 Explorer, Eddie Bauer Edition. According to the original window sticker, it came with a 6 CD changer/MP3 player. Somewhere down the line, someone replaced that with an OEM 6 CD changer/Navigation system, but it appears to have been taken from a Mercury (It says MERCURY when it boots up). This is the old-style DVD-driven nav system. When they put it in, for whatever reason, they failed to put in the GPS module that plugs into the back of the box. I'm having the darnedest time finding just the GPS module. Can anyone give me a hint about finding one? Thank you.

Dealer.. Hate to say it.

We just purchased a 2007 Explorer, Eddie Bauer Edition. According to the original window sticker, it came with a 6 CD changer/MP3 player. Somewhere down the line, someone replaced that with an OEM 6 CD changer/Navigation system, but it appears to have been taken from a Mercury (It says MERCURY when it boots up). This is the old-style DVD-driven nav system. When they put it in, for whatever reason, they failed to put in the GPS module that plugs into the back of the box. I'm having the darnedest time finding just the GPS module. Can anyone give me a hint about finding one? Thank you.

GPS module or GPS antenna?

I suppose it's the same thing. It's the part of the system that fits up under the dash, and has a cable that plugs into the back of the system body.

Back