Ford Mod Center (TDM) at CAP | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Mod Center (TDM) at CAP

No skid plate for civilian Ex, its a Police component only. Not to say you cant order it and install yourself.

Is there a part number that ford will let us order?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does anyone know if the brackets that attach to the shock towers for the 70 MPH crash rating are available and maybe a part number?

Great thread. Interesting to see the process. Sure beats the heck out of a local fleet mechanic installing that stuff himself once the vehicle is purchased and delivered to the law enforcement agency.

Tony

Is there a part number that ford will let us order?

You can get the skid plate from Tousley, Tasca, Levittown, etc. for cheaper than that retail price.

I think the Ford p/n is BB5Z-5D032-A. Those guys have it for just over $400.

So does anyone know if the brackets that attach to the shock towers for the 70 MPH crash rating are available and maybe a part number?

Same as above. The p/n for the brace is DB5Z-78100780-A. It goes for about $170.

If anyone is interested, I put a list together off all the third-row-delete police parts, but the stuff isn't cheap. Too bad it wasn't an option for all Explorers since many of us will never use the third row and the extra storage under the floor sure is nice.

Does anyone know if option code, #63B Side Marker LED - Sideview Mirrors, on the PI Utility also have a turn signal function like on the Sport and Limited?

You could have 10 sirens, and people will still hit police cars. Hell, they run into fire trucks all the time, and say "I didnt see it".

If you can't hear a fire apparatus equipped with a Federal then you need to have your ears checked. The mechanical sirens are much louder than the electronic sirens.

Thanks for the info on the Side Marker lights. By any chance do you know when the 2016 PI Utility will be available for order?

I wonder if the 2016 PI will get the new rectangular exhaust tips like the civilian models? The video showed them still with the round tips.

I wonder if the 2016 PI will get the new rectangular exhaust tips like the civilian models? The video showed them still with the round tips.

No extra trim.

Rear interior cross brace

Nice photos, thanks for sharing that with the forum.
Do the EXSPORT come with that X-BRace or is that installed after the fact on the Interceptor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I assume you are referring to posts in another thread. The X brace is installed when the 3rd row seats are removed to retain the structural integrity of the vehicle.

Peter

Back