91-94 explorer clear tail lights!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91-94 explorer clear tail lights!!!

This is not for sale by me or anyone else I know. Do not contact me about buying a set. I just saw this auction and bought a set for myself. They're incredibly rare (especially new) and I wanted to make sure people on this forum knew they were up on eBay. ^_^

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180685582348&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Here's photos of my pair that just came via fedex today:
P1050713.jpg

P1050712.jpg

P1050711.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked the tracking number and apparently they're supposed to be delivered today via FedEx! Cool!

I'll get some photos up as soon as they arrive for you.

Probably should move this to the craiglist/ebay listings section.

Still a good deal for whoever wants them. I do like Depo stuff over the lesser brands, but you'll need a red reflective strip on the side to make them legal (not to mention finding red bulbs that are decently bright enough). Plus they apparently never made a clear third brake light, so it looks kind of funny mismatched.

I put it in this thread because I thought it would get much more viability. I'm big on ebay and craigslist... but I have my own specific searches and I never really check here for anything on those sections.

Also, these aren't "CLEAR"... you can't really see through them. So I don't think that standard light bulbs would look that bad.

However I also own a Nissan Frontier with these kind of tail lights and I used appropriate colored LED bulbs for all the lights and they work great (and are also clear when off).

I'm not going to bother with coming up with any reflective red tape solution unless I get hassled about it. I'm curious to see how **** are police are about that.

I posted pictures of the tail lights that just showed up.

As with ALL aftermarket lights, I'd run a bead of silicone around them just to be sure, but I feel they're of really nice quality and I LOVE how they look. ^_^

It depends on your local police force and how knowledgeable they are about such things, or the police whereever you are. Most other than traffic cops probably don't know any better, but white lenses with red bulbs are clearly not stock, except maybe on a Lexus.

Non-stock clear/altezza taillights have been established by the courts as a legal reason to pull over a vehicle though (and without an amber reflector in the front and a red one in the rear, are obviously grounds for a citation), so just something to keep in mind if they get you more friendly with law enforcement than you bargained for.

They do look great on white vehicles, though.

Back