Got Livernois? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got Livernois?

HOLY ****!!!!!
Ok that tune ROCKS!!!!! Livernois 91 Oct performance tune is crazy fast. The shift was a little bumpy from 1st to 2nd but I was told it would be at first so I was ready :) But what they forget to tell you is HOLD ON!!!!! Keep hands tight on the steering wheel lol Good thing I was ready. My 2014 EX Sport is now a rocket at the line and all the way through the power band, Thank you Livernois.

when you're done being a kid again, see what ya get on MPG when you're not mashing it. :D would love to know! thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when you're done being a kid again, see what ya get on MPG when you're not mashing it. :D would love to know! thanks!
Oh yes to be 16 again with my first hot rod :thumbsup: Next family trip will be in Sept. I will be 70 mph and under I will turn on the MPG screen and see what i'm getting.

I contacted livernois last week and the girl I exchanged emails with wasnt really that helpful.

how hard is the install on the Livernois Motorsports Cold Air Intake, Livernois Motorsports 160* Thermostat, Pre-Gapped Spark Plugs

that is the only part that is intimidating. I would rather pay a place to do the full install instead of messing with it myself.

thanks

I would say if you have never changed a spark plug or thermostat I would pay a tech to do it.

Not sure who you talked to but ask for Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 103
he was super helpful.

Our 13' averages just over 19 also with about 60/40 hwy/city.

I would say if you have never changed a spark plug or thermostat I would pay a tech to do it.

Not sure who you talked to but ask for Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 103
he was super helpful.

Thanks, Will do

I want to get mine tuned soon.

I just wanted to chime in and recommend re-gapping your spark plugs if you have not done so already. I ran the Livernois tune for about 6 months before doing so and really didn't know what I was missing until I had them done. I bought new plugs, had them gapped correctly and had them installed during my oil change.

The acceleration is much smoother now, and less "herky jerky". Definitely will notice the difference.

I just wanted to chime in and recommend re-gapping your spark plugs if you have not done so already. I ran the Livernois tune for about 6 months before doing so and really didn't know what I was missing until I had them done. I bought new plugs, had them gapped correctly and had them installed during my oil change.

The acceleration is much smoother now, and less "herky jerky". Definitely will notice the difference.

Did you go with stock, or cooler plugs?

why ask for feedback AFTER getting the item?

You've already made your choice, do you just want affirmation?

I'm confused? Did you just read the first post and then comment? You are aware that he got the tune and is very happy?

And to answer your question, I would say when someone makes a big purchase and is excited, they like to let others know and get feedback for reassurance...

Anybody can read reviews but I was looking for real time user reviews from fellow forum members.
Did you have something to add to the thread or just digging?

I'm confused? Did you just read the first post and then comment? You are aware that he got the tune and is very happy?

And to answer your question, I would say when someone makes a big purchase and is excited, they like to let others know and get feedback for reassurance...
Right on !!! :thumbsup:

Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing all of the positive feedback and helping answer questions people had! My apologies for being late to the game it appears I missed this thread. I will be on here so if ayoune has any additional questions feel free to ask or shoot us a PM.

Anthony @ Livernois
313-561-5500

I contacted livernois last week and the girl I exchanged emails with wasnt really that helpful.

how hard is the install on the Livernois Motorsports Cold Air Intake, Livernois Motorsports 160* Thermostat, Pre-Gapped Spark Plugs

that is the only part that is intimidating. I would rather pay a place to do the full install instead of messing with it myself.

thanks

jester435,

My apologies again for the delayed response. Not sure who emailed that was female as all of our sales and tech guys are male. The installation of our products is typically very simple and straight forward. Also most all products come with detailed instructions as well.

Let me know if you have any further issues or questions. Also to reach us by email please use info@ or tuning@livernoismotorsports.com

I'm really interested in the tune, but it looks like it's only Windows supported. When will you have a Mac version?

Thanks

I'm really interested in the tune, but it looks like it's only Windows supported. When will you have a Mac version? Thanks

I've used VMware Fusion on my MBP to load the tunes into the tuner. I know it doesn't feel right, but it's doable ;)

I'm really interested in the tune, but it looks like it's only Windows supported. When will you have a Mac version?

Thanks

Thank you for your interest in our products and services!

At the current time there is not set plan in the works for the software to support MAC unfortunately. The tuner update application is a single program that just takes a few minutes to install and use from start to finish. This should only need to be used once, unless you change something later on down the road that would require new tunes. Most guys are able to use a friend or family member's PC to update the tuner, and some have even used public PC locations like a school or library.

I was in the same boat I have a Mac, just went to the inlaws and borrowed their computer for about 20 minutes. Installed the tune in the wives sport and she loves it, now she wants an intake. Even have my mustang tune loaded and ready to go just waiting for my windstorm intake to come in, Saturday is the day for that bad boy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was in the same boat I have a Mac, just went to the inlaws and borrowed their computer for about 20 minutes. Installed the tune in the wives sport and she loves it, now she wants an intake. Even have my mustang tune loaded and ready to go just waiting for my windstorm intake to come in, Saturday is the day for that bad boy

That is awesome! Glad to hear she likes the tune, and let us know when she is ready for that new Windstorm intake. Gotta keep the wife happy ;)

Bet you cannot wait to try out the new goodies on your Mustang. Let us know how you like the Mustang after the new tune and Windstorm intake. I'm sure you'll fall in love with it all over again.

Back