Finished 2 inch Body lift! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finished 2 inch Body lift!

i have a ttt and shackles and im running 33s just fine with no cut but im doing the body lift soon and will be able to run 35s with a lil cutting i think

I would like to see pics of running 33's with only tt and shackles. 33x10.50 wouldnt clear normally with only that amount of lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im running 33 buy 12.5 on mine with just a tt and shakles no rub and anyword on the

I would like to see pics of running 33's with only tt and shackles. 33x10.50 wouldnt clear normally with only that amount of lift.

Summit racing carries 2" bodylift blocks.

I'm having a hard time finding a 2" BL kit for my 2000 Explorer Sport. Which kit did you use and do you think that it would be the same for my truck? I'm able to find the 3" kits no problem, I just don't feel like messing around with steering or shifter extensions.

As a side note, some of the kits say that the shifter extension is required. Does anyone know if it needs to be welded? Can I make due without it and just deal with a shifter that is 2" shorter?

2"X3" body lift blocks at Summit Racing (performance accesories brand)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pra-bb02/overview/

link isnt working

lift details

How many spacers/mounts are there with the kit? Is there any online guides for doing this?

How many spacers/mounts are there with the kit? Is there any online guides for doing this?

There are 8 total spacers you will need.

I just did a 3" lift - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419615 - 9th post down in this thread I used the bolt length from a post somewhere here in the forum, but you will have to convert mm to inch, and subtract 1" from the bolt size I list (since I did a 3" lift and you want to do a 2")

I've been doing research... I am planning on a 2" body lift. In the interest of helping others I did the math. If anyone finds an error please feel free to let me know. I couldn't find anyplace that said how long the factory numbers are, but could find how long the 3" lift kit bolts are. Based on that, I did the math to find the lengths for the 2" and stock heights. The Numbers for the MM are accurate, the Inches are rounded. For the mounts under the rear of the front seats, I took the given length of the 3" lift rear cargo area bolts, then subtracted 3". This gave me the stock length of the rear of the front seat bolts. Then used that info for the stock and 2" lift bolts. Again, if I did anything wrong, let me know.

Body Mount Bolts Stock

Front mounts - 105MM = 4”
Mounts that are in front of the front seats - 65MM = 2.5”
Mounts just under the rear of the front seats - 50MM = 2”
Mounts in the front of cargo area - 85MM = 3.5”
Mounts in rear of cargo area - 125MM = 5”

Body Mount Bolts 2” lift

Front mounts - 155MM = 6”
Mounts that are in front of the front seats - 115MM = 4.5”
Mounts just under the rear of the front seats – 100MM = 4”.
Mounts in the front of cargo area - 135MM = 5.25”
Mounts in rear of cargo area - 175MM = 6.75”

Body Mount bolts 3” lift

Front mounts - 180MM = 7”
Mounts that are in front of the front seats - 140MM = 5.5”
Mounts just under the rear of the front seats – 125mm 5" (or stock bolts from the very rear mounts)
Mounts in the front of cargo area - 160MM = 6.25”
Mounts in rear of cargo area - 200MM = 8”

Edited 4/2/2020 for accuracy. If you'd like to figure your own lengths, 1" = 25.4mm

Just to 100% verify before I go and buy 2 inch pucks. I need 10 pucks or 8? There's nothing to relocate with a 2 inch body lift other than the fan shroud and possibly bumpers? Not the e-brake, fuel filler neck, or electrical connections? I'm mainly worried about having to do a steering extension like with the 3 inch. So far 2 is seeming much easier and would fit my needs great. I'd like to leave the radiator mounted to the body and just drop the shroud to help keep the radiator higher up (better approach angle and safety).

You guys just order a 3" body lift kit and cut the pucks down to 2"

PA883 is like 200 dollars now and I was able to find 2 inch pucks for 60 dollars shipped. So I figured it'd be easier to find bolts than it would be to cut 3 inch pucks.

In case anyone comes across this thread, and wonders where to get the bolts at, I just ordered a set from a website called "Bolt Depot". Easy to order from, prices were... fair. I got 10 Grade 8 bolts and nuts shipped for roughly 40 bucks. Also got washers.

Back