Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good find, thank you Sgt! I see they only have grey and beige available. I can't win. Ha.

Call them, i got the black from them.

Just be mindful of the fact that the floor anchors are non functional as the holes on the mats are bigger than the actual floor anchors. There is a great snug fit though as it has that velcro type hooks in the back that attaches to the carpet just perfectly.

I have a WeatherTech rear cargo protector in black for sale. Link

HH

Carpet cargo mat

Anyone recommend a carpet cargo mat that fits like a factory one should? My 2000 Explorer XLT came with a nice factory one that was pretty heavy duty with anti-skid rubber backing.

Just want something to protect as I can imagine the light stone color in the cargo area getting dirty real quick.

Ford's "All-Weather" mats vs. Weathertech

So in my 2015 I just got , it came with Ford's optional "All-Weather" mats. They look ok I guess, but wondering now if I should get Weathertechs anyway.

I need to order the 3rd row mat and cargo cover anyway from them, so I'm wondering if I should add them to my order.

My Sport didn't come with the all-weather floor mats...just the cloth ones that say "Sport" on them.

I might use them in the summer when I don't have to worry about road salt and other muck ruining the carpet, but the first thing I ordered were new Weathertech digital fit floor mats. I had them in my old vehicle and loved them. Got the floor mats this past week and they fit perfectly. Highly recommended.

Another suggestion I've seen here is Husky floor mats. I've seen a couple of people say they really like them, but myself I've never had them so I can't say whether they're good or not. Just throwing that out there as another option.

I have WeatherTech, but the Husky are good, as well.

Theres a huge thread on Weathertech vs Husky, complete with pictures.

In a nutshell both are excellent, WeatherTech look a little better but Husky covers more carpet.

Both are far superior to the Ford ones especially in areas with winter weather.

Deciding factor for me was the Husky's cover the carpet shoulder on the door sill where most people scuff when entering or exiting, WeatherTech's dont cover as much carpet there.

I believe Ford sells a similar cargo cover. It wasn't yet available when I got my 2011 Limited but I did get the MKT cargo liner from the dealer and it is as good as the Husky liner I had in the Explorer. If you're thinking about getting the liners, forget about the 'All Weather' mats. They just don't stack up.

Peter

I have the Ford all weather mats, and in my opinion they are useless. I have the WeatherTech for the front, second row, and I have my 3rd row folded down and the cargo mat installed in the back. They are excellent mats.

I've used Weathertech in my past two F150s and really like them a lot, so that said I just installed a complete set of Weathertech in our '14 Explorer.

Terrific, the front fits like a glove. However, the foot well is so deep, the mat doesn't lap over the frame like it does on my F150. The truck can be brushed out with a whisk broom. Can't do that for the Explorer.

I got the complete set, including the one-piece second row mat, third row mat, and cargo mat. I've got a good friend who is purchasing agent for a major accessory house, so he made me a complete deal I couldn't refuse.

IMO, any mats have got to be better than the carpeted ones that come stock. Heck, I used to order my trucks without carpet.

I have the Ford all weather mats, and in my opinion they are useless. I have the WeatherTech for the front, second row, and I have my 3rd row folded down and the cargo mat installed in the back. They are excellent mats.

I am running the same exact setup. The stock mats came out the same day I took the Ex home.
For me, the Fronts and Cargo Mat are a must!
The cargo mat has saved my butt several times now when bags of soil, liquids, food etc... has leaked.

Go with Husky. Weather tech for 2nd and 3rd row are useless crap as their side walls to hold stuff in is so damn flimsy, and it is not going to retain any liquid and will spill it out of those side walls. Weather tech front lines are good but for 2nd and 3rd row....they are crap. Wish I had known that earlier. Husky are solid deal and cover a lot more. They have not cheapened out like Weathertechs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have some Aries 3D mats in mine.

Same principle as Weathertek meaning they are custom fit.

They are shorter on the sides but work perfectly even in all the snow in Canada. Really are we really going to dump a gallon on liquid on the ground ? I mean the Weathertek is nice but really pricy.

I find the Aries to be perfect and cover perfectly the material on the floors. The trunk one is especially practical for skis and snowboards full of snow. The trunk one covers everything when third row down and can be folded if you need the third row up.

http://www.ariesautomotiveinterior.com/3D-Floor-Liners_Description.htm

Back