Having SO much trouble finding mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Having SO much trouble finding mods

KFactor

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
I have no issue on mine.. 2015 ex sport

Hey Usain, this is unrelated but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find performance mods for the 2015 ex sport.

Can you offer any suggestions for cold air intake (I've only found K&N ram air), exhaust (I've only found MagnaFlow), chip, blow off valve, boost controller, boost gauge & accommodating installation options; e.g. Audi A4 has one with bezel that installs into A/C vent.

Any suggestions super helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum KFactor.:wavey:
Since your post really had nothing to do with 'brakes dragging' as you yourself pointed out, I have moved your post to the 'Modified' sub forum. There are several threads here on some of the items you mentioned in your post. The best thing I can suggest is that you use the Forum's "search" program to find them or you can scan through the pages to find the threads of interest.
Good luck.

Peter

I would suggest starting with a tune. It's the best bang for the buck. My recommendation is SSi, they just released Gen6 and it's great! With that you could swap out your MAP and allow the tune to use a little more boost. If you want an intake look into M Designs I think it is. They just put one out that doesn't pull air from the engine bay. Not sure of the performance increase compared to stock. There are some exhaust options out there but I think MagnaFlow and Corsa are the most popular. Again, probably not going to gain much.

Hey Usain, this is unrelated but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find performance mods for the 2015 ex sport.

Can you offer any suggestions for cold air intake (I've only found K&N ram air), exhaust (I've only found MagnaFlow), chip, blow off valve, boost controller, boost gauge & accommodating installation options; e.g. Audi A4 has one with bezel that installs into A/C vent.

Any suggestions super helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!!

I suggest going here for your performance mods. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/categories/Ford/2013%252b-Explorer-Sport-EcoBoost/

I would suggest starting with a tune. It's the best bang for the buck. My recommendation is SSi, they just released Gen6 and it's great! With that you could swap out your MAP and allow the tune to use a little more boost. If you want an intake look into M Designs I think it is. They just put one out that doesn't pull air from the engine bay. Not sure of the performance increase compared to stock. There are some exhaust options out there but I think MagnaFlow and Corsa are the most popular. Again, probably not going to gain much.

Who and where is SSi?

thanks

Who and where is SSi?

thanks

Do a search for Southern Speed Inc and you'll find them. I think he's located in North Carolina. Give him a call and he'll get you taken care of. They have a forum as well that you can check out. Their tunes really wake these sports up. Tell him Sinister sent you. :)

I'm running the GEN6 in mine too. The tunes are great and the customer service is top notch too.

I have installed a tune from Diablosport, a K&N intake and they are working out wonderfully together. I am getting @70 more hp and @3 more mpg than a stock Explorer Sport.

I always swap out exhausts on my vehicles as there have always been power gains. I haven't seen any data that warrants me swapping out the stock Ford Exhaust. Although I want to. I would love to see a 3 inch aftermarket exhaust with hi flo cats that don't blow CEL warnings. If anybody knows of such an exhaust let me know.

So what exactly is a tune? Hate to ask this question but from what I've heard so far is modifying the computer to give you more power? Can anyone explains it to me? Wondering if I should do it to my 2015 sport. Always looking to improve HP and mpg

I havent even drove my sport home yet...but the agenda is getting full...tint..then intake..then exhaust

So what exactly is a tune? Hate to ask this question but from what I've heard so far is modifying the computer to give you more power? Can anyone explains it to me? Wondering if I should do it to my 2015 sport. Always looking to improve HP and mpg

That's basically it. These guys will change the parameters in the ECM for timing, fueling, boost, and who knows what else. They will also change the shifting patterns of the transmission. We have a 15 Sport. It's a night and day difference and yes, we did pick up some mileage as well.

That's basically it. These guys will change the parameters in the ECM for timing, fueling, boost, and who knows what else. They will also change the shifting patterns of the transmission. We have a 15 Sport. It's a night and day difference and yes, we did pick up some mileage as well.

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. Also I'm leaving my vehicle. If I was to do ahead and so it, wouldn't that void the warranty? If so, is there anyway to reverse it so they wouldn't know that I did It?

I have installed a tune from Diablosport, a K&N intake and they are working out wonderfully together. I am getting @70 more hp and @3 more mpg than a stock Explorer Sport.

I always swap out exhausts on my vehicles as there have always been power gains. I haven't seen any data that warrants me swapping out the stock Ford Exhaust. Although I want to. I would love to see a 3 inch aftermarket exhaust with hi flo cats that don't blow CEL warnings. If anybody knows of such an exhaust let me know.

You like the K&N intake? What i am leaning twords

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. Also I'm leaving my vehicle. If I was to do ahead and so it, wouldn't that void the warranty? If so, is there anyway to reverse it so they wouldn't know that I did It?

Yeah, it's always highly recommended that you return to stock before going to the dealer. They will sometimes update your ecm which can change the strategy code. Your tuner will have to compensate for that. I don't think they actively look for folks who are tuning but yes, I'm sure they could see that it had been tuned if they really wanted too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back