Recirculate Air Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recirculate Air Control

3rdy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT base V6
hi, just wondering if i can turn ON the Recirculate button without turning the AC ON? when i try to switch on the Recirculate button it turn the AC automatic. i just want to close the vent with AC off :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes you can, my 2013 XLT allows it. it should in any mode except on the defog settings.

As cwescapexlt4x4 said, yes you can recirc without AC. Note that if you have vents only on floor or any sort of front window defrost mode, AC will be on. I never understood why the floor only would require AC on, but it annoys me sometimes.

When you hit the R-Circ button, the AC and Auto come on right?

After they come on, just hit the AC button to turn it off. If the "My temp" setting is too far from the ambient temp outside, it might force the AC to come back on. Try resetting your "My temp" setting to something close to the outside temp.

When you hit the R-Circ button, the AC and Auto come on right?

After they come on, just hit the AC button to turn it off. If the "My temp" setting is too far from the ambient temp outside, it might force the AC to come back on. Try resetting your "My temp" setting to something close to the outside temp.

yes briteboy, when i hit the R-Circ button the AC will turn ON, turning OFF the AC will turn R-Circ off as well. what is "my temp"? and how to reset.

it there a way i can do to set the recirculate auto on when i start the car?

On your center console, below the 8" screen, there are temp controls to adjust temp up and down.

The middle button, when held down for 2-3 seconds will memorize the current temp setting, thus making it "my temp".

So if you adjust the temperature manually for some reason, then the next day want to go back to the memorized temp, just hit the middle button and it will revert to the memorized temperature.

Kind of like radio presets...

On your center console, below the 8" screen, there are temp controls to adjust temp up and down.

The middle button, when held down for 2-3 seconds will memorize the current temp setting, thus making it "my temp".

So if you adjust the temperature manually for some reason, then the next day want to go back to the memorized temp, just hit the middle button and it will revert to the memorized temperature.

Kind of like radio presets...

dont have 8" screen center console. anyway i reboot the system by disconnecting the battery. now i can turn off the AC with the recirculate stay ON. i'm now tying to figure out how to set the recirculate auto on when i start the car. thank you for the responses.

Back