Push Bar for Explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For those that have the Setina, did you order it from them direct? Or was it purchased through somewhere else?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those that have the Setina, did you order it from them direct? Or was it purchased through somewhere else?

Thanks.

I had phoned Setina initially. They gave me the full retail, but said they do not sell direct. However, they did give me colour options. I ended up purchasing through the nearest police safety supply (Dana in Miami) at lower than the Setina retail.

I had phoned Setina initially. They gave me the full retail, but said they do not sell direct. However, they did give me colour options. I ended up purchasing through the nearest police safety supply (Dana in Miami) at lower than the Setina retail.

Did you install it yourself, or have someone else do it? I think the dealer I bought my Explorer from is a police upfitter, I might have them do it but I'm thinking they might charge an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks for the info.

Did you install it yourself, or have someone else do it? I think the dealer I bought my Explorer from is a police upfitter, I might have them do it but I'm thinking they might charge an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks for the info.

If you are comfortable removing the entire front plastic cover of the vehicle, it is an easy install. The surprising part is how few fasteners actually hold the entire front on the car. Measure carefully, do a loose install of all parts before tightening the D bracket to the steel bumper bar. Then remove the push bar, reinstall plastic and reinstall pushbar, otherwise you'll likely end up removing the plastic to make adjustments. Setina instructions are good.

can i ask if it doesn't affect the adaptive cruise control sensor?i want push bar also for my ex sports

can i ask if it doesn't affect the adaptive cruise control sensor?i want push bar also for my ex sports
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
I would think that if it is mounted in front of or very close to the radar unit that it likely will affect the Adaptive Cruise Control.

Peter

I have a 2015 Sport with adaptive cruise control. If anyone finds a bull bar/ push bar which we can mount (that doesn't effect the ACC) then please contact me as I am also on the lookout to add one.

I have a 2015 Sport with adaptive cruise control. If anyone finds a bull bar/ push bar which we can mount (that doesn't effect the ACC) then please contact me as I am also on the lookout to add one.

I would write to Setina and ask that very question. I'm sure they want to sell more, and if they can modify to accommodate the demand I'm sure a redesign would be in the works.

Does it block the adaptive cruise control sensor?

Does it block the adaptive cruise control sensor?

Read the thread throughout its entirety and you will find your answer. I saw at least 5 posts which answer your question.

Read the thread throughout its entirety and you will find your answer. I saw at least 5 posts which answer your question.

Well, to be fair to those of us with ACC and really want to add the bar, its not answered anywhere in this thread bud. I read tue entire thread just now, first page to last.

To be accurate, it states several opinions that it would seem to interfere. Peter gave the closest thing to an answer a couple pages back with a picture and white dot showing the location of sensor. So if you are tired of seeing this question come up, its mainly because no one has come on here and stated- your ACC is inoperable with the bullbar. I moderate several forums, and I do understand the frustrations with questions being asked over and over.

So lets end this issue right now. we just tried it, and had to take it right back off. I suppose you might be able to disable the "ACC disabled warning" and just run without it, but Ive grown to appreciate it for all the driving I do. I dont see how it could be moved and have full confidence in a system that was designed to work in a certain position on a vehicle with also changing the software to account for the change in location. The bars all use the same mounting spots and I dont see where you could change that either without ruining the integrity of the bar. It seems its one or the other in this case.

The Setina push bar looks awesome on these. If i cant get my hands on a 15' Base this summer I will be getting on for sure. I love the look of the interceptors in my area. especially once I can get 2 Fire Dept ghost lights mounted to it.

I ordered my push bar back in December, and received it around the beginning of February. I was going to pay to have someone put it on, but finally decided to do it myself. I finally put it on yesterday, and it was a lot easier than expected.

There were 7 10mm bolts up top along with 2 push pin type retainers. On the bottom, there were 9 or 10 8mm bolts to remove. There were 6 really small bolts to remove at each front tire. The grill and bumper can come off together as 1 piece.

http://i.imgur.com/YnYoiYV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RczceBX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gDmWi4y.jpg

Boy, you are one fast worker.:D Nice job and nice to have the video also.:thumbsup: I can now see that it would definitely affect the Active Cruise Control feature for those that have it.

Peter

Boy, you are one fast worker.:D Nice job and nice to have the video also.:thumbsup: I can now see that it would definitely affect the Active Cruise Control feature for those that have it.

Peter

I'm feeling it today. This getting old stuff... is for old people. I'll pop a few aspirins and lie down I think.

I ordered my push bar back in December, and received it around the beginning of February. I was going to pay to have someone put it on, but finally decided to do it myself. I finally put it on yesterday, and it was a lot easier than expected.

There were 7 10mm bolts up top along with 2 push pin type retainers. On the bottom, there were 9 or 10 8mm bolts to remove. There were 6 really small bolts to remove at each front tire. The grill and bumper can come off together as 1 piece.

http://i.imgur.com/YnYoiYV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RczceBX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gDmWi4y.jpg

Looking good :thumbsup:. We use the Setinas on our vehicles at work. Ive been looking to put the Aries 3065 full brush guard on my Ex but waiting to find a price that "feels right" enough for me to pull the trigger on it.

For those of you that do you have it installed...is the ACC a problem? I like the Aries bull bar myself..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those of you that do you have it installed...is the ACC a problem? I like the Aries bull bar myself..

Just ordered the Aries 3065 off amazon for mine. 308 shipped! Kills all the other prices online right now. They only have one left at that price for others interested. Someone that did a review on amazon stated that this would interfere with the ACC.

Back