EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Out of curiosity......would anyone be interested in splitting a group campsite somewhere for moab 2016? We may be able to get a big enough site that alot of people could camp together......I think it would be a blast

You can rent a nice fully furnished big 5 bdrm 3 bath home in Moab with a group, for about the same price as camping collectively. I've been wanting to do that for years.

Oh, and count me in for the entire week as well. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can rent a nice fully furnished big 5 bdrm 3 bath home in Moab with a group, for about the same price as camping collectively. I've been wanting to do that for years.

Oh, and count me in for the entire week as well. :D

That is true but you wouldn't have the parking for 6 people with trucks trailers and etc.....plus I bring 6 people when I come so I can't stuff 6 of us in a regular room........plus if we get a group site we would have everyone there and everything we need to work on any possible breakdowns.....PLUS.......bonfire party.

Out of curiosity......would anyone be interested in splitting a group campsite somewhere for moab 2016? We may be able to get a big enough site that alot of people could camp together......I think it would be a blast

Sounds like a good idea. I would be interested.

We will be getting a slide in camper for the truck, if that works for the group site then were in too!

As far as the 2016 schedule goes, you can count kris and I for a Texas run and maob, however, may I recommend maybe pushing moab forward one week? We all saw how memorial day weekend was and I'm fearful that just one week before memorial day might be as crowded? Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Historically the week before Memorial day has been a good weekend for us as far as weather and crowds. Of course that can change with just a couple big groups. It's always a gamble. It is much more likely to be hot in June though, that's my concern.

Memorial Day is May 30 next year.

We will be getting a slide in camper for the truck, if that works for the group site then were in too!

That would absolutely be ok and we would LOVE to have yall join us.

I really hope we can make this work I think it will be a BLAST to have Several rigs and families all together in one area...

ok I will start researching all the possible sites and see when we can and need to reserve a spot. Even if its only 5-6 of us it would be much cheaper than each getting their own spot plus a HELL of a lot more fun.

There used to be two large campsites on the eastern side of Canyonlands Campgrounds.

I have to change my runs around, can't make Truckhaven, son is getting married in February. Moab, Gilmer, and SMORR is where I am shooting for with the 2016 runs.

My oldest daughter wants to attend with us, I already told her we would get a cottage.

There used to be two large campsites on the eastern side of Canyonlands Campgrounds

I just checked the Canyonlands RV Resort and Campground website and they do accommodate Groups, Rallies, & Clubs. They have a form to fill out on the website, and with my history calling has also been great.

ok I will start researching all the possible sites and see when we can and need to reserve a spot. Even if its only 5-6 of us it would be much cheaper than each getting their own spot plus a HELL of a lot more fun.

Super excited to see what you find, however, if one doesn't stick out above the rest we could always try monopolizing the back part of Canyonlands Campground sites T1-T11

Canyonlands_Sitemap.gif

I just checked the Canyonlands RV Resort and Campground website and they do accommodate Groups, Rallies, & Clubs. They have a form to fill out on the website, and with my history calling has also been great.

Super excited to see what you find, however, if one doesn't stick out above the rest we could always try monopolizing the back part of Canyonlands Campground sites T1-T11

We should definitely check with them....cause I like how centrally located canyonlands is

Yes, many years of great fullness that Canyon lands is a short walk from after a few too many at the brewery.

Yes, many years of great fullness that Canyon lands is a short walk from after a few too many at the brewery.

yes sir...... Looking forward to wheeling with you again next year kevin we missed ya this year.

I plan to attend Moab and Gilmer for 2016. We need to avoid May 28th and 29th for Moab as we found Memorial Day weekend tends to make it crowded and harder to wheel.

I think it would be need to have as many folks located centrally camping wise...I'm in for canyon lands...

LOL, I can't plan this far out but I'm definitely still watching this specifically for the Moab run at the very least!

Breaking my silence on this glorious forum to let you all know i'm subscribed and will absolutely be atending the Moab event! :)

I think it would be need to have as many folks located centrally camping wise...I'm in for canyon lands...

Just got off the phone with Canyonlands Campground and they said they will begin accepting reservations for the 2016 season on August 1, 2015. They also said they do accommodate group reservations (and added that reserving that early would give us first picks of the whole facility). :D

I'm bidding for being there from the 14th - 22nd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There used to be two large campsites on the eastern side of Canyonlands Campgrounds.

I have to change my runs around, can't make Truckhaven, son is getting married in February. Moab, Gilmer, and SMORR is where I am shooting for with the 2016 runs.

My oldest daughter wants to attend with us, I already told her we would get a cottage.

I am game for a campsite... As long as I have somehere to take a crap, and wash my ass, and I can put a 6 pack, I am good!!!

Back