They're Heeerrreeeeeeee | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

They're Heeerrreeeeeeee

P

PIUtility

'16 PI Utes have hit the upfitters!

2e3ahbo.jpg

qq9wyx.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying hard to find something to like about the rear end.

Those are all police models

Just not digging the new look. Maybe it will grow on me.

Rear tails are not form fitting

Rear tails are terrible and the front end is more passable with the smoked out front lights housing on the Sport version.

My biggest eye sore is the higher and weird shaped fog light. Does not flow or look good to me.

The grill between the lights is not bad. High, several layers that give an aggressive look.

Maybe it has to grow on me, but right now I cannot say its an improvement over the '15 model. The '16 front bumper looks nice, but the front end is let down by the grill; it was way better on the '15 model.

Look borrowed from the Highlander. Yuck.

I had often wondered why the Highlander had those protruding rear lights until I read an article on the 2016 recently which said it had to do with aerodynamics.

Peter

I'm sure it is for aero, but just doesn't look good (at least in the photos, as I haven't seen one in person yet)

That .001 reduction in co-efficient drag is not going matter one bit, what people are going to notice is looking at those elephant ear tail lights and say those are butt ugly.

That .001 reduction in co-efficient drag is not going matter one bit, what people are going to notice is looking at those elephant ear tail lights and say those are butt ugly.

I bet the same argument was made about tail fins in the '50s. We know where that went.

When is Ford gonna mash a first gen with one of these like a mustang?

Hate the back... Wish they kept the same back from 2015.

Those are not Utes!

2006_Holden_VZ_Ute_Thunder_S_01.jpg

You're welcome, Aussies/Kiwis, etc...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure it is for aero, but just doesn't look good (at least in the photos, as I haven't seen one in person yet)

They are ugly. You don't notice them from the side, but from the rear they look like Mickey Mouse ears. When shopping this January, I looked at the Highlander and much preferred the Explorer (and I have been a long time Toyota owner coming from a Highlander & a Sienna). I bought a '15 Explorer Limited.

I like the look of the '16, but I also like the '15 too.

Back