EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

:eek:
I am game for a campsite... As long as I have somehere to take a crap, and wash my ass, and I can put a 6 pack, I am good!!!

Yepper, that's my daughter!! Campsite it is for 2016!!!! ( I think she is going to fit right in with this group) :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am game for a campsite... As long as I have somehere to take a crap, and wash my ass, and I can put a 6 pack, I am good!!!

Perfectly said.......I am going to call canyonlands next week and get more details on how they go about accommodating groups cause I don't believe they have a group site.....I'll get more details and let everyone know....besides mike they have cabins at canyonlands as well.....not quite as nice as the one you were in this year but they were nice...my whole family fit in one and loved it.

Mark it on the calendar! Hope to see you guys next year

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-08-12-00-50-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-08-12-00-50-1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 352

i missed carlisle this year due to several reasons (and have made the long ass drive there the last 5 years in a row). i am hoping to get there next year as long as the price of gas, and the canuck dollar dont kill me.

Here it is half way through the sixth month of the year and I haven't made any progress on planning the runs for next year. Life events have really been hitting Char and I this year and there's more "fun" in store. Char's having major surgery this coming Thursday with a long recovery time in store.

I could really use help to get the runs/show going. Specifically a point person for each area, Gilmer, SMORR, and Carlisle. If you are interested, and have some time to devote to this please send me a PM. Thanks!

Here it is half way through the sixth month of the year and I haven't made any progress on planning the runs for next year. Life events have really been hitting Char and I this year and there's more "fun" in store. Char's having major surgery this coming Thursday with a long recovery time in store.

I could really use help to get the runs/show going. Specifically a point person for each area, Gilmer, SMORR, and Carlisle. If you are interested, and have some time to devote to this please send me a PM. Thanks!

Hope yall get to feeling better....send char our wishes.....let me know if there's anything I can do to help rick....I won't be attending either of the ones listed so point person is a no lol....but I am willing to make some phone calls or whatever I can do

First, hoping for the best for you and Char.

I do plan on attending Gilmer, but this will be my first time, so as a point person would not be a first choice, if no one who has already been there does not make it, I will do what I can to assist.

Ok, I just sat down and did some logistics. It's going to be one long ass trip LOL.

For me to make this work I will either have to do Moab much earlier in late April/Early May, or later, some time in the fall before it gets too cold.

The fixed point for this is the Carlisle Event June 3-5, 2016.

So here goes...

Badlands at Attica, Indiana - May 27-29
Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA - June 3 - 5
SMORR, Seymour MO - June 10 - 12
Gilmer, TX - June 17 - 19

Dates at the offroad parks are tentative until we have reservations.

These dates are just for my cross country road trip portion of the anniversary.

Rick, the 10th anniversary east coast trip to Crozet is what got me hooked. It was my first big trip and even though I broke 100 ft into the first trail I still had a blast. I sold both my Explorers around 2009, but this forum got me started. Since then I've built 5 rigs of my own and worked on countless rigs for friends and family. For that I thank you, or blame you... :)

You need to look into hitting Harlan or Windrock on tour trip. Some of the best wheeling in the east.

one other thing rick. if your making plans for all ford nationals, you might want to start booking a room before october, or you may be s.o.l.

First, hoping for the best for you and Char.

I do plan on attending Gilmer, but this will be my first time, so as a point person would not be a first choice, if no one who has already been there does not make it, I will do what I can to assist.

Mike if you attend Carlisle/Rausch Creek if we do that too.. I promise not to stick a live snake in your truck.. :mattmoon: :D

Mike if you attend Carlisle/Rausch Creek if we do that too.. I promise not to stick a live snake in your truck.. :mattmoon: :D

be we can paint bens van pink and write "free candy" on it :D:thumbsup:

Yea, sure Ben, and the check is in the mail. :shifty_ey

Unless some random act of God happens, I should be attending the Badlands run in Attica. REALLY looking forward to it and the end of May sounds like a good time too. Unless I find a 1354m in the junkyards around here, I'll probably be stuck doing the baby trails, but I wouldn't mind getting in some group pictures or meeting some people. What my truck doesn't have, I try to make up in spirit! :)

one other thing rick. if your making plans for all ford nationals, you might want to start booking a room before october, or you may be s.o.l.

Actually what I need is a place to park the rig... I bring my own motel :D KOA camp, or something like that. Or if they allow RVs at the Nats I can stay right there.

Does anyone know what their RV situation is?

[MENTION=119708]ahodges[/MENTION] stays at a campground just outside of town, and [MENTION=17893]frickea86[/MENTION] stays at one in town. i know the one frickea86 stays at has a pool, and all that other fancy stuff (i go there every year and drink his beer :D)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[MENTION=119708]ahodges[/MENTION] stays at a campground just outside of town, and [MENTION=17893]frickea86[/MENTION] stays at one in town. i know the one frickea86 stays at has a pool, and all that other fancy stuff (i go there every year and drink his beer :D)

http://westernvillagervpark.com

Its a great place and were actually planning on making a return next year since I have recently put "BigRed" back on the road.

They have plenty of space, if you call early enough, ask them for a spot with trailer parking they can accommodate. Some spots have parking across the road or you park it in the storage lot behind the camp ground.

Hit me up if you have any more questions on the place but we spent a week there last year and loved i
Hopefully I have enough funds to get the expo looking proper but no matter what I believe she will have one more snowfield especially since the EF king will be in town.

Back