How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or just use an online image host and embed the image, either way works.

Or just use an online image host and embed the image, either way works.
I believe that is what he was referring to. Also I've found that using this method does not guaranty the pictures will stay here. I have found many pictures posted in older threads simply disappeared. Using the Forum's 'Manage Attachments' ensures they will never disappear since they are stored on our own servers.

Peter

1st post instructions still work for 2016

Thank you [MENTION=185512]CDN_Explorer[/MENTION] for your instructions and pics! I just swapped in LEDs for the map lights and 2nd row passenger (by doors) lights. Next up is the third row light and cargo area light!

I've read through this whole thread, and I understand that the third row is a problem. I like the solution that Getcusome came up with using an LED panel. Is anyone willing to do this mod if I send my dome light?

Drive Bright does the mod but it seems a bit spendy. By the way I use JDM ASTAR bulbs from Amazon. They are the best IMO, and I've used a lot of LED bulbs.

I've read through this whole thread, and I understand that the third row is a problem. I like the solution that Getcusome came up with using an LED panel. Is anyone willing to do this mod if I send my dome light?

Drive Bright does the mod but it seems a bit spendy. By the way I use JDM ASTAR bulbs from Amazon. They are the best IMO, and I've used a lot of LED bulbs.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile so it appears in the margin when you post. Thanks.

Peter

Do the JDM bulbs give the cold bluish light associated with white L
ED's or do they offer any with warm, incandescent-like tint?

Modding your LED is something that you could probably find someone to do more reasonably through the flashlight forums where swapping emitters has been common for years.

Do the JDM bulbs give the cold bluish light associated with white LED's or do they offer any with warm, incandescent-like tint?

The JDM led bulbs I've ordered thru Amazon have just been pure white, no blue tint to them at all. I have their bulbs for the fog lights, front dome lights, 2nd row lights, and cargo area light.

For the third row light, I found a light assembly on eBay and sent it to Daytime Bright Lites.

I'm hoping JDM will have 9005/9011 bulbs for high beam!

Do the JDM bulbs give the cold bluish light associated with white L
ED's or do they offer any with warm, incandescent-like tint?

Modding your LED is something that you could probably find someone to do more reasonably through the flashlight forums where swapping emitters has been common for years.

They're pure white. There are different options in color temperature though. I use them for everything and have had no issues. Can't beat Amazon's price and/or return policy, and if you have Prime it's even better.

Drivebright and Dan are great to do business with.

I believe that there were a couple of members who removed the LED from the overhead (map) light fixture because the light was too bright.
Remember, the brighter the light, the longer it takes your eyes to adjust and see properly in the dark. That is the only negative part that I can see (no pun intended).

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back