Does anyone have a 2002 sports drivers seat? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone have a 2002 sports drivers seat?

bareddread

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport 2WD
I've recently received a 2002 ford explorer sport as my first car and i love the car but the drivers side seat frame is broken(This part). I wouldn't mind repairing the seat but if possible i'd rather buy a whole new seat. Does anyone have one for sale or know a place i can get one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should be the same. I have a '98 XLT (normal Explorer.... lol) and a '98 Sport. The seats are identical.

Nope, the seats are NOT the same.

The Expo Sport seats have the fold forward feature for access to the back that the std Expo uses back doors for.

Nope, the seats are NOT the same.

The Expo Sport seats have the fold forward feature for access to the back that the std Expo uses back doors for.

As a driver side replacement it will work, your just not going to have that function on that side. OP was asking for fit not features. BTW, My Sport has driver side power therefore no fold forward.

As a driver side replacement it will work, your just not going to have that function on that side. OP was asking for fit not features. BTW, My Sport has driver side power therefore no fold forward.

Alright thanks for all the info.

'01-03 Sports and '01-05 Sport Tracs use identical seats, which are different than '95-'01 Explorers. The main difference is the upholstery, both cloth and leather, is unique to the '01-03 Sports and '01-05 Sport Tracs. And the low back seats in some Sports and Sport Tracs were not available in the Explorers. The bases and tracks are the same so the earlier Explorer seats will fit. They just won't match your Sport seats. I swapped seats from '97/98 4 dr Explorers into both my Sport Tracs, '01 and '02, and use seat covers. Straight bolt in swaps. If you have power seats, you might have to change the electrical connectors, so be sure to get the connector and maybe a little wire from the donor Ex.

Back