• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Health Report

TXFordMan

Reaction score
City, State
Texas Panhandle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Couple weeks ago, while cruising around town, the sync lady came on and said "Would you like to run a vehicle health report?" and a box was on MFT that said run report or remind me later.
Then today, while running down the road, same thing happened again. Both times I pushed remind me later and it went away.
Anyone else had this happen? Normal??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine told me I was low on gas. Just in time, except I had filled up before I read the report. I am just really in tune with my vehicle, I can see where others would benefit ;)

Note, when the Explorer is preparing and sending the report, I think it is using your cell phone via bluetooth. I say this because one time during the report process, I used my phone, and it voided the report being sent. Does this make sense??:)

Note, when the Explorer is preparing and sending the report, I think it is using your cell phone via bluetooth. I say this because one time during the report process, I used my phone, and it voided the report being sent. Does this make sense??:)

It should just be for sending, but it uses it more like a modem than your cellular data so it is pathetically slow.

I don't even have my cell phone paired up with MFT. Less chance for error. Guess it just asks if you want a health report done out of the blue? Had plenty of gas, everything was hunky-dory before and after it happened. I hadn't seen anything about this before, just curious.

I've had mine since May 30th and have not had that happen to me yet...but we did feel an earthquake today here on Long Island so maybe the health report would have shown some nervousness! :D

I think it's set to automatically remind you to submit one every six months or so. Just to make sure your car is working fine.....

Hi decamp, wats up are u still shaking lol !!!

The world is ending?

Couple weeks ago, while cruising around town, the sync lady came on and said "Would you like to run a vehicle health report?" and a box was on MFT that said run report or remind me later.
Then today, while running down the road, same thing happened again. Both times I pushed remind me later and it went away.
Anyone else had this happen? Normal??

Yes, this is normal, even if you don't have a phone paired. If you go into the Information area (i), click on SYNC Apps, then Vehicle Health Report. You will be able to turn your notifications off.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, automatic notifications now set to off.

Thanks Rebecca

I messed up. Had the wrong info

Thanks LookerDooker. I was thinking of something completely different when I wrote this. My mind does not work as good as it use too!

...is there a History report?

The cars health report, as seen on the left hand dash console,
is generated by the car, and you can send it to your Owners Link portal if you;

Have a mobile phone paired to your car using a mobile phone that will be in the car with you all or most of the time;

Register at SyncMyRide.com
-fill out the mobile phone info it asks for.

Your mobile phone is how the car communicates its health data up to the online health report in your personal car care pages on your Sync site &
at the Ford Owners portal. (use same login as Sync)
Ford Owners Portal

Also there are other features of SyncMyRide, including preparing a travel route online in advance, & sending it back to the car via Sync, and traffic updates, etc.

I suppose the health report does become history...but any service done by you at a shop or dealership-i dont know if the service creates an entry in the health report of the car that will show in the list of health items later...thus creating 'history'...

...is there a History report?

The cars health report, as seen on the left hand dash console,
is generated by the car, and you can send it to your Owners Link portal if you;

Have a mobile phone paired to your car using a mobile phone that will be in the car with you all or most of the time;

Register at SyncMyRide.com
-fill out the mobile phone info it asks for.

Your mobile phone is how the car communicates its health data up to the online health report in your personal car care pages on your Sync site &
at the Ford Owners portal. (use same login as Sync)
Ford Owners Portal

Also there are other features of SyncMyRide, including preparing a travel route online in advance, & sending it back to the car via Sync, and traffic updates, etc.

I suppose the health report does become history...but any service done by you at a shop or dealership-i dont know if the service creates an entry in the health report of the car that will show in the list of health items later...thus creating 'history'...
.....unless you live in Canada.:(

Peter

I've found the health report to be useless. For example my oil life was 2% and the report says everything is great and no action items

Since the day my warranty expired on my 2013 XLT I have not been able to run a vehicle health report. Does this stop when the warranty expires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the day my warranty expired on my 2013 XLT I have not been able to run a vehicle health report. Does this stop when the warranty expires?

No, you may want to check the setup again between Sync and your cell phone. I, in addition to the '15 Sport my wife drives, have an '09 Sport Trac and I can get vehicle health reports on that without difficulty.

Back