Vehicle Health Report | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Health Report

Mine works as well, as suggested ... check your setup

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran a health report on my 2011 EX Limited in June, no problems was able to pull it up on the website. Just ran another last night, sync on the screen in EX says report completed go to web site to view. I have been trying since last night to pull it up NOTHING. It shows the date 6-11-2015 as the last reort completed and that I can not even access. Something is up.....

Since the day my warranty expired on my 2013 XLT I have not been able to run a vehicle health report. Does this stop when the warranty expires?

I ran a health report on my 2011 EX Limited in June, no problems was able to pull it up on the website. Just ran another last night, sync on the screen in EX says report completed go to web site to view. I have been trying since last night to pull it up NOTHING. It shows the date 6-11-2015 as the last reort completed and that I can not even access. Something is up.....

Hi xnhra and Gablesdad,

Please log into your Owner accounts at Owner.Ford.com and swap your phone number with a different one, save it, then put your real number back to primary. This should clear up any issues you're having. If it doesn't, shoot me a PM with your VIN, and the email address you use to log in with.

Rebecca

HOORAY, just received email that my report is ready. Went to the portal and retrieved it, all is good.

The FORD servers must have been really busy !!

I've found the health report to be useless. For example my oil life was 2% and the report says everything is great and no action items

What type of data does the vehicle report that one would not know other wise by keeping maintenance log and checking under the hood now and then?

I chose not use it because in the T's & C's it said personal information could be sent to third parties, plus it required a preferred dealership.

What type of data does the vehicle report that one would not know other wise by keeping maintenance log and checking under the hood now and then?

I chose not use it because in the T's & C's it said personal information could be sent to third parties, plus it required a preferred dealership.

None, that I could tell. I've actually turned the Vehicle Health Report function off on my '09 Sport Trac. It seemed that anything the Health Report would pick up would also set off a warning light. It really appears to be more of a delivery system for dealers to send you service coupons.

None, that I could tell. I've actually turned the Vehicle Health Report function off on my '09 Sport Trac. It seemed that anything the Health Report would pick up would also set off a warning light. It really appears to be more of a delivery system for dealers to send you service coupons.

Thanks for the candid and honest reply.

For me, i'd rather it be in the system if I am having issues for FORD to see more using their tools. What personal info could it release? Where you were at the time of the report... I don't care about that since the vehicle has to have been running for a while so you wouldn't do it at your home realistically.

How does Ford use the information in a health report if I'm actually having an issue with my car that I want them to know about? I think I'm having issues with my electric throttle body and ran a report when it happened last but how do I give that information to the service department?

How does Ford use the information in a health report if I'm actually having an issue with my car that I want them to know about? I think I'm having issues with my electric throttle body and ran a report when it happened last but how do I give that information to the service department?

If you have a Ford Owner online account, or a SyncMyRide account, both end up in the same place-your Ford owner account.

The mobile phone # you would pair up in your Ex,
is registered on the site as a condition of being able to pair it & upload your VHR, into your Ford account.

So if you run a VHR while your phone is paired to MFT, it prompts to send it to your Ford acct.
(messaging rates of your carrier plan will apply)

But, once the VHR is in your online profile, I think no one but you see it.

If you can give the shop your name and VIN and they can see it, great, but they will still tell you to bring it in to look at it, and they dont even need the VHR.

The VHR is not detailed enough for preventive diag by the shop, its more for you to review basic maint items, not much else.

Well that is ridiculous!

VHR is useless, known that for a long time.

Since the day my warranty expired on my 2013 XLT I have not been able to run a vehicle health report. Does this stop when the warranty expires?

You have to re-register your sync account every year for it to work. Not sure I understand why though.

You have to re-register your sync account every year for it to work. Not sure I understand why though.

No you dont. I have only registered my sync account once in 2011 and I still get the vehicle health report today.

The personal info could be anything that isnt stated specifically.

There are various versions of black boxes in many cars since prior to 2000-lot of info in them, Ex has a black box, but I doubt VHR is sending that other info.

Ford models info
http://www.bloombergconsulting.com/black-box-analysis/ford/

Homepage to this info
http://www.bloombergconsulting.com/black-box-analysis/

horrible accident, bad driving, but black box has the info to discover what happened.
(bold emphasis mine

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/26/news/companies/ignition-switch-conviction-overturned/index.html

Lakisha Marie Ward-Green was driving 16-year old Robert Chambers home from school in September 2010 in Penn Hills, Pa., when the ignition switch shut off the car's power, disabling its power steering and power brakes, according to her attorney, Robert Hilliard.

The 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt she was driving hit a pole, bounced back into the street and struck a school bus. The boy was killed instantly. The airbags in the car did not deploy.

Ward-Green pleaded guilty in the case. The car's data recorder showed that she had been driving 75 mph in a 35 mph zone five seconds before the accident.

But Hilliard said the same data recorder showed she braked and slowed the car down to 30 mph as she swerved to avoid a school bus that pulled into the street. However just after she slowed the car to 30 m.p.h., the ignition switch shut off and she lost power brakes and power steering. That's when the accident happened.

No you dont. I have only registered my sync account once in 2011 and I still get the vehicle health report today.

I admit I haven't used it in quite some time, but I remember last year I couldn't do anything until I logged in and re-registered. Didn't cost anything, but had to re-accept the terms and conditions. The messages at the time indicated that this was an annual requirement.

How to keep vehicle safe during Monsoon. I love my car very much and want to keep it new all times.

Thanks in advance.

Dentist Mumbai

I ran one report around 5000 miles. Now I am at nearly 12000 and when I attempt to run it, it says it cannot run one until the vehicle has 200 miles on it.

I don't get it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran one report around 5000 miles. Now I am at nearly 12000 and when I attempt to run it, it says it cannot run one until the vehicle has 200 miles on it.

I don't get it.

Do you have anything plugged into the diagnostic connector?

Back