PNW Harvest Run Oct 3rd-4th or Halloween weekend? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PNW Harvest Run Oct 3rd-4th or Halloween weekend?

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
While many of us have been on the trails frequently, this year, we haven't had an annual all inclusive get together.

Before the year ends and it gets too cold for tent campers, how about a weekend in the Naches/Manaastash trail system? (provided the woods are still open and not on fire)

Even Paul should be done dragging his knee by then.

Speak up folks! Open to all, trails for most levels.

Highly recommended minimums:
Low range
31" AT tires
Tow points front and rear
No fear of scratches and minor dents

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"Open to all, trails for all levels"

Even a daily driver '99 Mounty: bone stock, zero lift, AWD?

"Open to all, trails for all levels"

Even a daily driver '99 Mounty: bone stock, zero lift, AWD?

Unfortunately, that's a bit of a stretch. I do strongly recommend a rig with low range and at least an LT tire if not an AT tire.

I will have to edit my original post with some minimum guidelines.

There may be other opportunities coming up at a place near Belfair, called Tahuya State Forest which is/can be very stocker friendly.

Unfortunately, that's a bit of a stretch. I do strongly recommend a rig with low range and at least an LT tire if not an AT tire.

I will have to edit my original post with some minimum guidelines.

There may be other opportunities coming up at a place near Belfair, called Tahuya State Forest which is/can be very stocker friendly.

That's why I asked!

Tires are new 255/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 2's, not your typical daily driver tire. I'll keep an eye out for a newbie trail outing . . .

We will need to move the date out, into October, maybe the first weekend? otherwise it would be the last weekend for me.

If Halloween weekend we could tell scary stories by the propane fire.

If Halloween weekend we could tell scary stories by the propane fire.

Hopefully we would have enough rain by then to have a wood fire!

We might even need to stay at Ranger Creek and run the Naches figure 8

Without talking to wife I think Halloween weekend would work best for me, She may have different plans for the family

Without talking to wife I think Halloween weekend would work best for me, She may have different plans for the family

It could be a day run, especially if we do the Naches Trail figure 8. Last year was kind of wet and slick. Ben was the only one to make it up stump hill.

I would like to go but I'm in the middle of selling my house and trying to find a new one. Depending on how things go and finding time to fix the explorer I might be up for a run.

OK, time to add a little detail from the 'Cat Herder'.

I will be heading over Friday around noon and set up a camp spot by Crow Creek before you cross the second bridge.

We may have enough folks to run up to Ravens Roost for sunset.

As far as I can tell, camp fires are still prohibited in the Naches District ;http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen/alerts-notices/?cid=fsbdev3_053600 so I guess I'll bring the propane fire pit but would appreciate someone else bringing the 20lb bottle of propane :).

Saturday,,,,I guess Kaner Trail and head to the 'Rocks'. I believe Milk Lake RD is open again for a quick route to/from the 'Rocks'

Paul is on a trip with his wife but hey will be back in town Oct 1st and his txt indicates he will likely be coming, at least or a day trip.

Hope to see y'all next weekend.

Back