Rear Bumper Protectors | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Protectors

And to continue the off-topic conversation, I'll keep an eye out for you. I live down the road from you by Arrowhead and just got my 2016 Explorer Sport in white.

phxflyboy

I see by your profile you are just down the road-about 1,800 miles from Arrowhead. It the loudest stadium in the NFL but it's not that loud, lol.

Sorry,back on bumper covers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see by your profile you are just down the road-about 1,800 miles from Arrowhead. It the loudest stadium in the NFL but it's not that loud, lol.

Sorry,back on bumper covers.

You know, the funny thing is, I actually thought, "I hope no one confuses the Arrowhead area of Phoenix with another Arrowhead area." Nice catch!

phxflyboy

Thanks to this thread I found what I was looking for at BMC Extreme Customs. Arrived quickly and installed easily on my 2015 Explorer.

BumperProtsm.jpg

BumperProt2sm.jpg

Perfect fit on 2016 Platinum

I am also very happy with the BMC Bumper Cover. It matches the black trim below it and fits precisely to the contour of the closed lift gate. It fits over the back edge of the bumper to protect that vulnerable edge surface. It is thick and sturdy and installs easy. After a month with my bronze fire X there were minor marks on the bumper that this product now prevents. It should be standard equipment. I also added weather tech front mud flaps. They were perfect match size and color. After observing the mud splatter, I decided front flaps would suffice since the rear body contour folds under behind the wheels and does not show or collect much mud.

https://flic.kr/p/ziiw2e

Thanks to this thread I found what I was looking for at BMC Extreme Customs. Arrived quickly and installed easily on my 2015 Explorer.

Looks very good. I also endorse the BMC.

Greeman, what product do you use on the vinyl trim and the bumper protector? It looks phenomenal!

Looks very good. I also endorse the BMC.

Greeman, what product do you use on the vinyl trim and the bumper protector? It looks phenomenal!

Actually, I haven't done anything to it. Just normal washes, and I keep it in the garage (only 9000 miles so far helps too).

I just installed ford rear bumper protector and after its done, I realized I should have put it closer to the edge. But I was just follow template layout. Look decent but since it didn't cover edge, to me it's a waster of money because edge is what get beat up most.

I just installed ford rear bumper protector and after its done, I realized I should have put it closer to the edge. But I was just follow template layout. Look decent but since it didn't cover edge, to me it's a waster of money because edge is what get beat up most.
There are pictures of two different covers in this thread. I, like you, got the Ford one for my 2011 but if the one in post 69 had been available at the time I would definitely have bought it. That is that one you should have ordered.

Peter

There are pictures of two different covers in this thread. I, like you, got the Ford one for my 2011 but if the one in post 69 had been available at the time I would definitely have bought it. That is that one you should have ordered.

Peter

I know. It's too late now. Maybe on the next one I will get the right one.

Im really bummed out guys that the cover offered by bmc no longer has straight lines, It has circles and really dont like the look of it :(

Does anyone know where I can get a quality rear bumper cover that covers the edge?

rer-rear-bumper-cover-protector-guard-2011-2015-17.jpg

Im really bummed out guys that the cover offered by bmc no longer has straight lines, It has circles and really dont like the look of it :(

Does anyone know where I can get a quality rear bumper cover that covers the edge?

rer-rear-bumper-cover-protector-guard-2011-2015-17.jpg
They're actually hexagons, not circles. ;)

I got that exact one delivered today. BMC did email me to let me know about the design change, and I said to go ahead and send it (what other choices are there?). I'll put it on when the weather gets a little warmer, and see what I think.

I suppose it should be more about function instead of style.

Hummmmm. I was going to order one but i prefer lines. really don't like the new design.

lol your right.

They're actually hexagons, not circles. ;)

I got that exact one delivered today. BMC did email me to let me know about the design change, and I said to go ahead and send it (what other choices are there?). I'll put it on when the weather gets a little warmer, and see what I think.

I suppose it should be more about function instead of style.

Me too, i just cant slap that onto my beautiful suv

I think we should write them to see if they can give us the option to select between the lines and the octagonal design.

People interested to buy lets make some pressure.

I think we should write them to see if they can give us the option to select between the lines and the octagonal design.

People interested to buy lets make some pressure.[/QUOTE
I'm in for that

People interested to buy lets make some pressure.
I doubt they would have both kinds but who knows for sure. I think this new design is better for preventing slippage if one were to stand on it and it also looks to be thicker than the previous one but hard to say for sure looking at the original. I know that the OEM one that I had was much thinner than this new style.

Peter

I already wrote them this morning. Let's see what they respond and will update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weather got a little warmer than the forecasters predicted, so I installed the BMC bumper protector.

bumper-protector.jpg

I'm okay with the new look.

Back