• Register Today It's free!

longer shocks

jaywa

Reaction score
City, State
gold coast queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer
I've been scrolling for a while trying to find out if what shocks are slightly longer for a lift then the standard. Like a toyota land cruiser or something allong those lines. I've got longer king springs to go in but shocks aren't long enough. It's a 2003 v8 explorer. Mainly need front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been scrolling for a while trying to find out if what shocks are slightly longer for a lift then the standard. Like a toyota land cruiser or something allong those lines. I've got longer king springs to go in but shocks aren't long enough. It's a 2003 v8 explorer. Mainly need front

Rancho quicklifts have a longer travel than stock, especially the front ones. Not sure if longer springs will help you with those though. They already come with springs that are either a slightly higher rate and/or preload over stock shock that results in a small amount of lift.

As far as I know there are the stock length shocks and the quick lifts that are 1.5 inches longer. You won't get any lift from longer springs because they are a coilover design unless you get someone to modify some shocks/springs to fit for you. The other thing with the quicklifts is they will settle over time. I have the v6 so they haven't settled as much as they would with the v8.

My one experience with the quick lifts is that they are marginally longer than stock, only about ⅜" inch or so. As noted above the spring rate & length is different which is what raises the ride height.

Yeah hence the 2" lift king springs that are made for this car in mind. But as mentioned I need shock absorbers that are physically longer then standard. These cars are extremely unpopular in australia so no one has modified any here bar a couple

G'day mate, just wanted to let ya know that I started down this same route before BTF started making lift collars. Best advice I can give ya is return the kings for a refund and go BTF collars (2.25" front & 1.75" rear) It'll give what ya want with no settle and ya keep ya stock suspension. If ya want BTF upper control arms I got a set we can work a deal out on. PM if keen.

Best and cheapest option is BTF mate.

I wanted it a little firmer cause I use it to tow and for motorbikes so needed a bit firmer but if not ill pinch some of a mates shocks from other cars and see what lines up for a lift. Yeah mate I'll be keen. If they're not to expensive. Got other cars I'm meant to be doing lol. I'll pm you

No worries, ya probably wont need the arms if ya stick with the king springs mate.

Keep me in mind if ya go bigger lift.

PM replied to

Back