• Register Today It's free!

Navigaton & Radio Shutdown

mbielamowicz

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
honda 2007
Navigation system shut down as well as radio and flashed we needed to update with the SD card. First time was 200 mile trip and right at destination. Next time it happened was on return trip. Is this common? Is simply that we need to update with the SD Card for navigation? Any comments or information would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike,

I believe that if you have one of the last 2 Sync updates, 3.62(?) or 3.8 then you need the A4 Nav card.

You should have rec'd one when you did the 3.62 update, either by ordering online, or the dealer should have installed it for you.

Not a 100% sure on this, but it might be worth a call to your service manager before you waste a day taking the car in, when all you need is a SD card...

Keep us posted.

What type of vehicle do you have....your profile says 2007 Honda???

Navigation system shut down as well as radio and flashed we needed to update with the SD card. First time was 200 mile trip and right at destination. Next time it happened was on return trip. Is this common? Is simply that we need to update with the SD Card for navigation? Any comments or information would be appreciated.

Mike

Hi Mike!

I'm not sure I've ever seen that message before; are you sure it didn't say Performing System Maintenance? Shoot me the details in a private message, along with your VIN, and I'll take a look at your software.

Mike,

I believe that if you have one of the last 2 Sync updates, 3.62(?) or 3.8 then you need the A4 Nav card.

You should have rec'd one when you did the 3.62 update, either by ordering online, or the dealer should have installed it for you.

Not a 100% sure on this, but it might be worth a call to your service manager before you waste a day taking the car in, when all you need is a SD card...

Keep us posted.

Hey briteboy,

You can use A3-A6 (U.S. and Canada) or B3-B6 (U.S. and Mexico) on MFT versions 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8. :)

Rebecca

Back