• Register Today It's free!

SCT tuner help

Mrooney322

Reaction score
City, State
White plains
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006ford explorer
a while back i purchased an SCT x4 for my 04 4.0 to help correct the speedo and pull some extra power out of my v6. low and behold i just went to get a tune from henson performance but they have closed up shop???

does anyone else make custom tunes on the forum for our explorers? or am i SOL on this one??

any input is greatly appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you try unleashed tuning?

Dang, Henson is out of the business? I've heard good things about Lund as well as Torrie from Unleashed tuning. Wish you luck!

Edit: Just checked his website and FB page and sure enough, he's done. Bummer.

i was definately bummed to see james go but best of luck to him.
i contated unleashed tuning and the response time is amazing. the tunes are a little steeper than james but in my mind not too bad. will update with results

I was never happy with his tunes, or his ability to tune. He just seemed to fumble through it, and could not modify or understand changes that a competent tuner should be an expert at.

James helped me a lot over net with data-logging
tuning my 2005 supercharged-explorer
because I am not living in the USA , but I can still enjoy my explorer
SO what you said is very very offensive

I was never happy with his tunes, or his ability to tune. He just seemed to fumble through it, and could not modify or understand changes that a competent tuner should be an expert at.

James helped me a lot over net with data-logging
tuning my 2005 supercharged-explorer
because I am not living in the USA , but I can still enjoy my explorer
SO what you said is very very offensive

I agree and my experience with him was very good. Very prompt when replying, answered any questions I had and my Explorer runs very well with his tunes. However, there is always a time when someone else has a different experience and it is what it is.

having different experience that's true , thank you
respect
I agree and my experience with him was very good. Very prompt when replying, answered any questions I had and my Explorer runs very well with his tunes. However, there is always a time when someone else has a different experience and it is what it is.

Always put a smile on my dial :D
Gracias Jim

i contated unleashed tuning and the response time is amazing. the tunes are a little steeper than james but in my mind not too bad. will update with results

Any updates yet, looking to get a mailorder tune my self

i have nothing but good things to say about the tune. i went with an 87 and 89 octane tune. really firmed up my shifts and accounted for my larger tires. after my next wave of mods i will definately go to them for my future tunes

Back