Bought an Explorer at an Auction! EEK! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bought an Explorer at an Auction! EEK!

Look for one here in ATL. Not that far away and almost all of them have sunroofs. They also don't go for much here, even though they are clean.

I'd also look for a Limited over an Eddie, though the Eddie may be easier to find. Also, as long as you get a sunroof, a wrecking yard can add all the other goodies. Another option is a Mountaineer Premier.

My requirements:
Sunroof
17" tires
V8
Tow package

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd also look for a Limited over an Eddie, though the Eddie may be easier to find. Also, as long as you get a sunroof, a wrecking yard can add all the other goodies. Another option is a Mountaineer Premier.
Why the Limited over the Eddie Bauer?

I'm considering selling the one I have now too and have been weighing the options of buying another.

I like the trim on the Limited better, it's less 'grandpaish' looking. It's rarer and slightly more expensive at MSRP.

I'll pay attention to the series if I sell this one. I suppose the Limited would have more of the creature comforts too. I had to add the heated mirrors to my XLT.

Eddie and Limited are both opted out. Sometime Eddie will have special options that a Limited will not have. But not the case for Explorers. My 2002 Eddie has every option. Fully loaded. NO difference between it and a Limited besides color...

Jumping in a little late on this discussion but I just joined. I haul a lot of vehicles into and out of those vehicle auctions and for most they are good vehicles with high miles that new car dealers get in trade and can't or don't want to take the time to recondition them with the high miles. Not enough profit in it ! Some are reposes with most being in good condition and some completely trashed because they know that some morning they are going to wake up and it will be gone. Plenty of times I was going to bid on some I hauled because I knew the history and condition. I have too many cars now (6) and only two of us drive. And I'm storing two plus a trailered for a customer. Good thing I have twenty acres

Back