Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Thanks Benny, I like the in-channel ones better. I've seen quite a few stick on ones get destroyed in car washes.:eek:

Yes I understand but the OE's (manufacturers) do not. Look at it this way, They spend hundreds of thousands in wind tunnels and testing environments to ensure proper sealing against wind and water not to mention proper operation of glass movement thousands of times and all of that engineering gets thrown out the window (no pun intended) when a plastic visor is wedged in between the glass seal and the door.

-Benny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Completely understand what engineering did for the windows. :)

Yes I understand but the OE's (manufacturers) do not. Look at it this way, They spend hundreds of thousands in wind tunnels and testing environments to ensure proper sealing against wind and water not to mention proper operation of glass movement thousands of times and all of that engineering gets thrown out the window (no pun intended) when a plastic visor is wedged in between the glass seal and the door.

-Benny

-Benny
Are you saying don't buy the in-channel ones Benny? Possible leaks?Wind noise? etc....
But adhesive tape on my paint is a good thing?

I have always have had the AVS on my truck and cars, I traded in my 2011 f150 that I had installed the AVS ones and worked great, and no noise, well my 2014 limted 4x4 I put on the AVS stick on ones, which I have always use on all my vehicles, well these ones I put on my 2014 explorer suck they look great and stuck on great, but the front leading edge that`s just over the mirror are very noisy, any of you guys have this issue?

I have always have had the AVS on my truck and cars, I traded in my 2011 f150 that I had installed the AVS ones and worked great, and no noise, well my 2014 limted 4x4 I put on the AVS stick on ones, which I have always use on all my vehicles, well these ones I put on my 2014 explorer suck they look great and stuck on great, but the front leading edge that`s just over the mirror are very noisy, any of you guys have this issue?

So your saying use the sticky? Or buy the nicer in-channel WeatherTech that follow the black paint line of my Sport and look heads over feet better, just saying.:)

Are you saying don't buy the in-channel ones Benny? Possible leaks?Wind noise? etc....
But adhesive tape on my paint is a good thing?

It's nothing specific to the Explorer or Ford for that matter but this is the reason why you would not see in-channel visors offered by OE manufacturers, There is too much liability of potential issues. Now this is not to say that you will automatically have problems if you use them.

-Benny

I have the AVS in-channel vent visors and have no problems at all with them. Quiet as can be and have never had problems with opening & closing windows like a few have stated.I also have the AVS Hood deflector.

Go with WeatherTech. If they're not out yet, wait. I have no regrets installing them.

IMG_4926_zpsjkcbqe8i.jpg

They're not out yet ... I was hoping the 2016 uses the same ones from 2015, but I guess I'll have to wait until Weathertech comes out with them.

Go with WeatherTech. If they're not out yet, wait.

2016 explorer side window deflectors.

I see weather tech has come out with the in channel side window deflectors. Has anyone installed them on their new 2016 explorer? I installed the ford oem deflectors, but I'm thinking about replacing them due to I put a small crack in one of them when installing them.

I see weather tech has come out with the in channel side window deflectors. Has anyone installed them on their new 2016 explorer? I installed the ford oem deflectors, but I'm thinking about replacing them due to I put a small crack in one of them when installing them.
I've merged your thread with this one on the same topic.

Peter

I received them on Saturday. Installed the front driver side one and went to do the window up-down five times process. The window refuses to close with one touch ... had to remove it and now it's just sitting to the side collecting dust.

I put Weathertech in-channel vent visors in my 16 Sport. Much better fitting than the in-channel AVS. Frankly the AVS in channel ones were junk. Totally my opinion.

I have installed the in channel air deflectors from WeatherTech in my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum. They fit just fine and they only took 15 minutes to installed them. Never had a problem with the sensors in the front windows. When installing them I just pulled on the deflectors while bringing up the window and didn't touch the window for 72 hours and they work just fine. I have used WeatherTech air deflectors in my 2012 Explorer Limited , 2013 Explorer Sport and now in my 2016 Platinum Edition and I can honestly say that they are the best air deflectors in the market.

Here are some photos of the window deflectors already installed in the 2016 Explorer Platinum,

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. My deflectors are on order. I did speak with a weather tech rep and they told me thatFord has very senistive windows and that the memory will pick up the window vent and they should work fine after about a week. Then I saw your post and really like what I see. So, let me get this right. You pulled out the window vent and had someone close the window from the inside? Or did you do it by yourself? Have you checked out the headlight protector they have on their website? Thanks again for the pictures. Beautiful vehicle.

Thanks for the pictures. My deflectors are on order. I did speak with a weather tech rep and they told me thatFord has very senistive windows and that the memory will pick up the window vent and they should work fine after about a week. Then I saw your post and really like what I see. So, let me get this right. You pulled out the window vent and had someone close the window from the inside? Or did you do it by yourself? Have you checked out the headlight protector they have on their website? Thanks again for the pictures. Beautiful vehicle.

I did it myself . I am 6'1' so I was standing behind the door from the inside and I brought my arm over the door and slightly pulled on the air deflector while bringing the window up until is was up all the way and left it alone for 3 days and after that period of time the window works fine with no problems at all.

YES!, as has already been mentioned, I too have the WeatherTechs in channel installed on my '16 XSport and they installed very easily with no issues including no issues with the "auto up" windows. I am super happy with WeatherTech as I have had them on my past three Explorers.

http://flic.kr/p/DaPBSE

YES!, as has already been mentioned, I too have the WeatherTechs in channel installed on my '16 XSport and they installed very easily with no issues including no issues with the "auto up" windows. I am super happy with WeatherTech as I have had them on my past three Explorers.

http://flic.kr/p/DaPBSE

Looks good!!! Especially the big batches of crawfish!!!! LOL! I boiled 90 pounds today and they were good and fat.

I have the AVS in channel on my Ex and they have worked perfect from day one. Some folks had issues with the in channels because they were not installed right.

Good luck with your Explorer!!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weather tech window vents

Perfect fit, no noise, and no problems with Windows going up. I'm very happy with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 411

Back