Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I still don't know why WeatherTech front liners don't cover the carpeted area right over to the door sills like the Husky liners have done for years.:dunno:

Peter

Or why Weathertech's don't cover all of the dead pedal? At this point I am reconciled to selecting a manufacturer with the least objectionable feature set. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still don't know why WeatherTech front liners don't cover the carpeted area right over to the door sills like the Husky liners have done for years.:dunno:

Peter

Just found a video on Youtube that shows weathertech that covers up to the door sills for a 2008 model. Too bad they didnt do the same for 2011 and up.

Look at 1:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvIZKkVeyJU

That's why I like Huskies. I have them in 3 cars and couldn't be happier. I got the full set for my Ex and the back seats fold down over them.

TW

That's why I like Huskies. I have them in 3 cars and couldn't be happier. I got the full set for my Ex and the back seats fold down over them.

TW

I have Huskies in my 2014 Escape and they tend to slip with gaps at the rear and sides. If they actually attached to the floor mat studs (as opposed to sit over) they would stay in place.

I have Huskies in my 2014 Escape and they tend to slip with gaps at the rear and sides. If they actually attached to the floor mat studs (as opposed to sit over) they would stay in place.
I had them in my 2011 Ex and my current MKT and haven't had that problem.

Peter

I had them in my 2011 Ex and my current MKT and haven't had that problem.

Peter

Glad to hear they fit the 2011 Explorer. I guess some Husky mats are designed with tighter tolerances and fit some cars better than others.

Husky have the Weatherbeater and the X-acct contour. The contour are supposed to be more rubbery and less plastic so probably less slipery.
Bad news is that front row only seems to be available ford 2016 models. :(

Husky have the Weatherbeater and the X-acct contour. The contour are supposed to be more rubbery and less plastic so probably less slipery.
Bad news is that front row only seems to be available ford 2016 models. :(

Confirmed by Husky themselves:

"This is not likely a product we will offer. The 2nd and 3rd seat liners would fit the 2012 model years but the front floor pan on the driver’s side is different."

winter floor mats

Hi all,
When I purchased my 2016 Explorer I had all weather mats included. Well the drivers side mat is just a lousy design for snow and salt deposits. I'm assuming WeatherTech may offer the best protection, but not really sure. For $150 for the fronts only, I don't want to guess.

Anyone using WeatherTech mats in their Explorer?.

Hi all,
When I purchased my 2016 Explorer I had all weather mats included. Well the drivers side mat is just a lousy design for snow and salt deposits. I'm assuming WeatherTech may offer the best protection, but not really sure. For $150 for the fronts only, I don't want to guess.

Yes and while the coverage is better than factory sets, they have reduced overall material thickness; in which the mats are more thinner than before (comparing to the set I have in my 2015 RX350).

Only issue is they don't come up all the he way to the door sill, which exposes a portion of the carpet.
I'm thinking of switching to Husky, but they cost almost $100 more for all 3 rows than what I paid for Weathertechs.

Yes and while the coverage is better than factory sets, they have reduced overall material thickness; in which the mats are more thinner than before (comparing to the set I have in my 2015 RX350).

Only issue is they don't come up all the he way to the door sill, which exposes a portion of the carpet.
I'm thinking of switching to Husky, but they cost almost $100 more for all 3 rows than what I paid for Weathertechs.

Thanks for the reply, that really helps. You mentioned Husky, check out Partsengine.ca $130 + free shipping for the fronts which is cheaper than WeatherTech

Thanks for the reply, that really helps. You mentioned Husky, check out Partsengine.ca $130 + free shipping for the fronts which is cheaper than WeatherTech

Lol, that's where I bought my weathertechs from.
If you price out fronts, second and third row ($24 discount for buying more than 2 sets); weathertechs came out cheaper.
I just received them this past Fri and will give it a week, before considering to return them for Husky.

Lol, that's where I bought my weathertechs from.
If you price out fronts, second and third row ($24 discount for buying more than 2 sets); weathertechs came out cheaper.
I just received them this past Fri and will give it a week, before considering to return them for Husky.

Haha, I think the Ford all weather mats are fine for the second row. Third row if it will ever be used, I'll pick up something cheap. The Husky mats do seem to have more coverage for the front. Had a look on amazon.ca for a price difference and amazon "check the fit" shows Husky #13771 not fitting the 2016:eek:

Hi all,

If you're looking for fronts only, like I was, check Amazon, I got the WeatherTech fronts only for $95 and free shipping.

Also, if you order directly from WeatherTech, keep in mind that they give military personnel free shipping and they also offer a AAA discount.

If you're looking for fronts only, like I was, check Amazon, I got the WeatherTech fronts only for $95 and free shipping.

Also, if you order directly from WeatherTech, keep in mind that they give military personnel free shipping and they also offer a AAA discount.

Thank you, but Canadians tend to get raped by brokerage fees and other nonsense ( free shipping only within USA) that makes it not worth while. WeatherTech mats do look nice, do you find them a little thin as does 613GT500?.

Husky or Weathertech

Wife wants me to get her front rubber floor mats for the winter, and also to get a containment mat for the rear. She puts groceries in the rear of the car, and on more than one occasion, in her old Mercury, a container of milk or some other liquid would spill. Having the rubber mat in the rear saved her from having a mess. I have no experience with either, since the Mercury came with one, but it wasn't marked as to a manufacturer. What are your recommendations based on your personal experiences? Also, any recommendations as to where to buy for the best price.
thanks Junk

I have the WeatherTech in my 2016 Sport and really like them. Very easy to clean and keep the vehicle protected.

Wife wants me to get her front rubber floor mats for the winter, and also to get a containment mat for the rear. She puts groceries in the rear of the car, and on more than one occasion, in her old Mercury, a container of milk or some other liquid would spill. Having the rubber mat in the rear saved her from having a mess. I have no experience with either, since the Mercury came with one, but it wasn't marked as to a manufacturer. What are your recommendations based on your personal experiences? Also, any recommendations as to where to buy for the best price.
thanks Junk

I merged your thread into the 200+ post discussion on exactly what you are looking for. Tons of information here but if I were you, I'd get the Xact fit mats from Husky. They were not available for the Explorer at the time but when I got my 2015 F350, they were the latest and greatest from husky.

It is a highly durable soft rubber so it is much easier to take them in and out to clean where the original rubber was more like a hard plastic that was molded and it would not budge much in shape to work it in and out of the vehicle.

Picture of the Xact Contour for the F350

IMG_20140331_123459_438_zpste8i5yns.jpg

Weather tech liners

Thinking of buying weather tech liners for the front and second row and not for the third row guessing the third row is not going to get used a lot and maybe cargo liner down the road...Are they worth it?? How do people like the liners?? Would you get again?? Any input would be great. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thinking of buying weather tech liners for the front and second row and not for the third row guessing the third row is not going to get used a lot and maybe cargo liner down the road...Are they worth it?? How do people like the liners?? Would you get again?? Any input would be great. Thanks

Your thread has been moved with an existing thread that goes over everything regarding mats for your vehicle.

Back