Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise | Page 69 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I had my passenger A-pillar blow off, replaced it and almost blew off again. I noticed the mount was cracked and clips were wrecked. I want to replace the plastic that mounts to the metal on the pillar. bb53-7803682 is the mode number but can't find it anywhere, anybody replaced this???

Did you talk to the dealer about this?......the A pillar issue was one of the biggest TSB issues on the Explorer from 2011-2013 until they redesigned the anchoring clips and filled with foam.

Read this entire thread you will get a history of how big this was.

You shouldn't be paying for this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So my 2015 Explorer Limited just had the Passenger A Pillar Trim(One that runs along the windshield) fly off while I was driving. This was a salvage title but I've seen the pictures and I know that this part of the car was never touched so kind of confused how this happened. I also know it won't be covered under warranty(Since there is none). Does anyone have the part numbers for the Trim and Clips so I can buy them and put them on?

So my 2015 Explorer Limited just had the Passenger A Pillar Trim(One that runs along the windshield) fly off while I was driving. This was a salvage title but I've seen the pictures and I know that this part of the car was never touched so kind of confused how this happened. I also know it won't be covered under warranty(Since there is none). Does anyone have the part numbers for the Trim and Clips so I can buy them and put them on?

www.fordparts.com, enter your vin and then do a search

Bb5z7803136ab

Attachments

• Moulding.jpg
    Moulding.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,147

Im not exactly a pro

The retaining clips should be: BB5Z78519R44A

I had my passenger A-pillar blow off, replaced it and almost blew off again. I noticed the mount was cracked and clips were wrecked. I want to replace the plastic that mounts to the metal on the pillar. bb53-7803682 is the mode number but can't find it anywhere, anybody replaced this???

Welcome to the forum, Wchavez!

Have you had a chance to visit your dealer to get this checked out? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

It was bought used and got an extended warranty. It has about 80k on it. It was hit by a hubcap on the highway, about a month later.m, the A pillar flee off, passenger side. Dealer where we bought told us no luck , "Lake Elsinore Ford". I tried entering the part # bb53-7803682 in the ford parts link with no luck after entering my Vin#. Maybe the passenger side mount part changed since 2011?

Got the model number for the clips needed, anybody know the number for the plastic subpanel the a pillar attaches to? (Its mounted with 8mm bolts) i can't find it

Went to dealer, ordered bb5z 78026a52 a
And the clips above, hopefully the right stuff

Welcome to the forum, Wchavez!

Have you had a chance to visit your dealer to get this checked out? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

My pillar on the passenger side windshield is starting to come off and I took it to Bayshore Ford in New Castle, DE and they told me this will not be covered by my ESP. Just want to make sure this is correct because they told me it would be about $250 to repair.

This was covered under original manufacturer warranty for us.

My pillar on the passenger side windshield is starting to come off and I took it to Bayshore Ford in New Castle, DE and they told me this will not be covered by my ESP. Just want to make sure this is correct because they told me it would be about $250 to repair.
Check your ESP brochure or download it from here;
http://fordprotect.ford.com/premiumcare
Under items not covered you will find 'trim'

Peter

Got the model number for the clips needed, anybody know the number for the plastic subpanel the a pillar attaches to? (Its mounted with 8mm bolts) i can't find it

ordered a part on 11/17/15 and just came in and it was WRONG. Bb5z7803136ba hopefully is correct at $111.75,$16.43 for clips, and just over $100 for the exterior pillar, $250 cosmetic fix, I just feel dumb.

Our 2012 explorer just had passenger A pillar lift at the top. Took it in and they say that the driver side is loose as well. Quoted 1200.00 for it. How is this not a recall? If this has been known issue for years, it should have been addressed already. Has anyone looked into class action lawsuit? I'm going to call Ford about this on Monday because ours was a certified pre-owned that might have been purchased after the TSB. Does anyone have the TSB? Has anyone tried to just bond or glue it down? My wife has complained about wind noise for years but I'm not sure we ever had Ford look at it back then. Our dealer isn't very good and we need to find another one.

Our 2012 explorer just had passenger A pillar lift at the top. Took it in and they say that the driver side is loose as well. Quoted 1200.00 for it. How is this not a recall? If this has been known issue for years, it should have been addressed already. Has anyone looked into class action lawsuit? I'm going to call Ford about this on Monday because ours was a certified pre-owned that might have been purchased after the TSB. Does anyone have the TSB? Has anyone tried to just bond or glue it down? My wife has complained about wind noise for years but I'm not sure we ever had Ford look at it back then. Our dealer isn't very good and we need to find another one.

Recalls are for safety issues, a trim piece doesn't fall under a safety issue. And $1,200?? For a $100 part that you can pop off and install the new one yourself (snaps on)?? Post up the estimate.

Greetings - I just purchased my 2014 Explorer sport a month ago and had THIS EXACT issue resolved by the dealer under warranty last week. I figured this was something only I was experience, but after 50+pages in the forum I am like, "wow". The noise I was hearing at 70MPH drove me crazy. My radio is awesome, but not THAT awesome.

:) Great forum!

DaveR

Recalls are for safety issues, a trim piece doesn't fall under a safety issue. And $1,200?? For a $100 part that you can pop off and install the new one yourself (snaps on)?? Post up the estimate.

It could be a safety issue if trim flies off the car at highway speeds. My wife said the ST looked it up but getting anything detailed in writing seems to be difficult these days. I'm going to look at doing it myself. My complaint is that this was a certified pre-owned vehicle and those sort of things should be done as part of the certification process.

It could be a safety issue if trim flies off the car at highway speeds. My wife said the ST looked it up but getting anything detailed in writing seems to be difficult these days. I'm going to look at doing it myself. My complaint is that this was a certified pre-owned vehicle and those sort of things should be done as part of the certification process.

It was a warranty covered item for us. CPO warranty doesn't cover it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are going to replace the 'A' pillar trim piece you will also have to get new plastic clips as well to hold it in place otherwise you risk having it blow off. These trim pieces have blown off before. Not sure if the clips are included with the trim piece now.

Peter

Back