Sat Fault and SDARS module??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sat Fault and SDARS module???

rockey95

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
Folks, i need some help. just too my 2010 ford explorer that has Sat Fault on it when i try to use XM/Sirius radio, TSB 11-3-3 says radio has to be programmed, well it was programmed today at a cost of $50.00 to me but no luck, dealership says i need a SDARS module, my SDARS module is 8S4T-18C963-AH, can someone point me in the right direction to get XM working?
Thanks

Is the satellite module on it original or did you add it in? It might in fact be a faulty module if it's original and cannot be reprogrammed.

See if the dealer can give you a better deal on it, seeing as the vehicle is a 2010. Other than that, finding a used/second hand unit may be your best bet.

A quick Google search shows a few available on ebay or other suppliers.

Looks to be around $50 dollars.

Unfortunately I have found that the SDARS Module will need to be replaced and the one I have the least I have found it for is $100.00 then it will have to be programmed by the dealership, I'm guessing from what they are telling me anywhere from $100 to $150.00, I guess I will do without satellite radio for that cost.
Thank you all.

Folks, i need some help. just too my 2010 ford explorer that has Sat Fault on it when i try to use XM/Sirius radio, TSB 11-3-3 says radio has to be programmed, well it was programmed today at a cost of $50.00 to me but no luck, dealership says i need a SDARS module, my SDARS module is 8S4T-18C963-AH, can someone point me in the right direction to get XM working?
Thanks
I have recently had this issue in my 2008 Expedition. The dealer said it needed a new radio and quoted $1200. After ordering a new radio from eBay, it still shows satellite fault. I started removing trim pieces and noticed the satellite antenna cable (FAKRA connection) routed going under the center console. I found the SDARS module mounted under the gear shifter! It’s a metal box about the size of a VHS tape with a harness plugged into it and an antenna cable. I ordered a new one from the dealership for $365. After I installed the new one it works great. I have been searching for this information online and had not seen this information so I wanted to share it.

Back