Keyless entry pad code location | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry pad code location

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another thanks here...I just picked up a 2003 XLT a couple weeks ago and the previous owner didn't have the code. I pried the interior panel back by the rear seat and there it was! Now I can unlock the truck without a key or fob.

If any of you have great experience with figuring out keypad failures PLEASE read my post titled keypad frustrations in the 2002-2005 modified section. I. Cant seem to find anyone out there that has the same problem as me

Worked for me on my newly purchased 2003 Aviator. Took 5 minutes and I'm guessing it saved me $100.

Thanks

Tom C.

reset the light module 2007 ford explorer??

how reset the light module 2007 ford explorer??

THANK YOU!
I cannot tell you how many things I have looked at & this was the first with USEFUL photos to show where & what is being talked about.

Keypad entry code

I have a little info on disabling the keypad entry and possible help for keypads not working...after extensive research to locate code by reading forums and researching you tube videos. I have looked under the dash with a mirror,looked behind seat in jack compartment, under defrost vent etc... ( i am sure my neighbors were saying what in the heck is she doing) a little history...my code was very easy and someone has definately entered into my truck as the keypad also stores your memory configurations such as seat position etc. i thought my code was set by the previous owner and i wanted to change it because it was straight up the keyboard. (Why would someone set that as their code?) well they didnt and i will explain. I called dealership and they wont give info on phone. Called another dealership and they said not in system. Ugh! So i drive in and the tech puts it on computer and Ford set that code!!! ..it was the master code. Go figure! Resetting a new code does nothing as resetting your new code will not disable the factory code. Soooo!!! I had him disable the door entirely as it is several hundred dollars for the new module and labor. I feel better having it disabled as criminals don't need extra help getting in with easy codes. The tech said come back and its just a matter of toggling it on again should i want it again... I watched him and it took about 5 seconds. It might be possible that some of you have a disabled keypad if you are not the first owner.
I wrote a note in my manual so the next owner will know why it is not working.So the code can be anywhere as it was in none of the usual places. Disable it entirely or slip the tech a $20 and look up the code. Much easier than dismantling your truck. I could've saved several days of frustration.

Brenda

I have looked under the dash with a mirror,looked behind seat in jack compartment, under defrost vent etc...
Yeah, it's not any of those locations, it's by the door column under the rear passenger side seat belt reel. That's where I fo8und mine after the dealership told me there was no way for me to find it myself and I'd have to give them money to get it.

I'm glad you posted this because it's got me thinking I should at least verify there are no user codes stored.

Your situation with the straight up code sounds like something that a dealership wouldn't care about but I bet if you called 800-392-3673 and talked to someone at the main offices that they could be convinced that it was their mistake in assigning such an asinine code and replacing it for you would be the right thing to do.

Thank you for the reply and the phone number. The sport trac trucks usuay have the code behind the back seat but mine is not there. Mine as well as a you tube user i viewed showing his under dash. He stated he took out radio...console and part of dash. The ford tech said mine is under dash also. I would have
never found it. I told the tech the same thing you said that i think ford should cover this as this feature is useless to me without a new module. I will try it on tuesday and see what they say...Thanks for the info.

The sport trac trucks...
I missed that all important distinction of yours being a Sport Trac!

My experience over the years in dealing with all manner of corporations has been that probably 70% of the time it's worth contacting them directly at a level where the cost of customer satisfaction looks worth a lot more than the cost of a couple parts. Some are much better than others and I'll be interested in seeing how Ford deals with this obvious mistake.

Door Keypad Code

Just new too this forum. I just bought a 2002 Explorer Sport 2 Door. Been reading this forum and checking spots mentioned for module that has the Keypad codes on it and I haven't been able too find it. Does anyone know where i might locate it on this model of Explorer.

I just did this for my 04 explorer, and it worked like a charm. There's no need to completely remove the bottom plastic panel. You can bend it back enough (without breaking any clips) to shine a flashlight and see the big, black numbers on the box.

I removed the defrost area cover of the front windshield, as suggested in other forums, and I did not find the code.

Another set of thanks for these instructions.

Nabril, which area are you talking. In the dash around the air bag or in the back behind doors. I have looked in all places mentioned in forum except the passenger air bag area.

Willy - I found it behind the rear, right passenger side lower panel. Just as described in the opening post.

There are 2 panels back there - the top one that has the seat-belt adjustment slider, and the one right below it that extends towards the back of the car (this is on my 04 explorer, and Im not sure on your 2 door).
But try it, it took me 15 minutes, and I only needed a flathead screwdriver, and a hook tool.

Hi Nabril. As I read all the possible spots for it, I would check those places. That was one of the first places. I was able too pull it back by hand without tools and all that I seen in there was the seat belt reel. So the 2 door is a different spot. Don't know why they couldn't have put it in a universal spot on all the explorers. I checked in the compartment where the jack is. Nope. Someone with a 02 2 door said he found his above the glove box above the passenger airbag. Not feeling good about going in there. Thanks again Nabril.

Willy - I found it behind the rear, right passenger side lower panel. Just as described in the opening post.

There are 2 panels back there - the top one that has the seat-belt adjustment slider, and the one right below it that extends towards the back of the car (this is on my 04 explorer, and Im not sure on your 2 door).
But try it, it took me 15 minutes, and I only needed a flathead screwdriver, and a hook tool.

On my wife's 04 Explorer Limited (4 dr) it was here as well, and I didn't need one too; just some very careful prying... It was easier to remove the top panel, which allowed me to pry the bottom panel out enough to the the factory master code.

If that code doesn't work, I had read somewhere here about the possibility of the door pad's wire being broken. In my case, the pad never worked. I followed what I had read somewhere else here, pulled the rubber 'bridge' away from the driver's door (where it bridges the wires to the truck's body), and sure enough, the black door pad wire was broken. Easy fix.

Nabril, which area are you talking. In the dash around the air bag or in the back behind doors. I have looked in all places mentioned in forum except the passenger air bag area.
The problem with the advice you're getting is probably due to the model difference, with the Sport having it in a different location, which unfortunately I don't know since I too have an XLT.

I have an '02 XLT and the door code just stopped working. The lights (on the pad) come on but the code will not unlock the door(s). I can still push the bottom buttons to lock it, just won't unlock. Anyone have this problem and how do I fix it??

I have the same issue, just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this yet? I've seen a few people with this where the keypad lights up, will lock with the 7/8 9/0 buttons but won't unlock with factory code. I double checked the factory code and located it in the rear passenger area, also fixed broker wires in door boot. It's almost like the code got erased some how.
Anybody ever find the answer to this.

I haven't been able too find the code anywhere in my 02 Sport 2 door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same issue, just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this yet? I've seen a few people with this where the keypad lights up, will lock with the 7/8 9/0 buttons but won't unlock with factory code. I double checked the factory code and located it in the rear passenger area, also fixed broker wires in door boot. It's almost like the code got erased some how.
Anybody ever find the answer to this.
I know that mine had to do with broken wires but if you've verified all of them are good then possibly something is wrong with the computer unit?
You may want to see if you can try another unit from a junkyard.

Back