Airbag Code 36 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Airbag Code 36

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Code 36 is related to the drivers side airbag.
The RCM connector pinouts are identical so you can rule out wiring incompatibility between the two. I am sending you info. Let me know if it doesn't make it across the pond.

Hi There NCRanchero , I'm also getting code 36 , I have clean and change the latch and still code 36 , do you mind sending me the pin point tests please
Thank you :)

Hi There NCRanchero , I'm also getting code 36 , I have clean and change the latch and still code 36 , do you mind sending me the pin point tests please
Thank you :)

I'd love to be able to help you with that but I no longer have access (darn it) to Fords Technical Resources site that I had in 2011 when this thread was started. I checked and do not have it stored on my pc. :(

The LFC 36 is all about the drivers seat belt tensioner so examine it where the wiring goes into it.
Sorry man! Perhaps someone could help if they have the diagnostics.

I'd love to be able to help you with that but I no longer have access (darn it) to Fords Technical Resources site that I had in 2011 when this thread was started. I checked and do not have it stored on my pc. :(

The LFC 36 is all about the drivers seat belt tensioner so examine it where the wiring goes into it.

Hi there no worries I figure I try :) thank you for the reply

Code 36 is related to the drivers side airbag.
The RCM connector pinouts are identical so you can rule out wiring incompatibility between the two. I am sending you info. Let me know if it doesn't make it across the pond.

Do you have the wiring info?? Is it online somewhere? Would like to take a look at it.

Troubleshooting a Code 36 myself.

Thanks

I didn't see the reply above before I quoted you.

LFC ???

So, are you saying the code 36 flashing on the air bag light is related to the seat belt tensioner...and not the yellow resister thingy under the seat with the wiring going to it??

Thanks, I got it, but I'm north of the border... not across the pond ;)
Si

"The RCM connector pinouts are identical so you can rule out wiring incompatibility between the two. I am sending you info. Let me know if it doesn't make it across the pond."

blueka,
ncranchero sent you some Airbag RCM pinouts to troubleshoot your airbag system years ago...
He no longer has those pinout notes. By chance do you still have them??

Hi,

It doesn't look like I ever had them. Maybe @NICE59FORDF100
Has some

Si

Thanks...

Off to the junkyard tomorrow (if it doesn't pour) to do my own reverse engineering on these airbag wire harnesses!

BTW, what type of code reader are (were) you using to pull the actual Airbag codes???

I'm looking at getting something as the loaner Autozone code readers don't read Airbag codes.

Debating going cheap or the $99 BlueDriver one for now and future needs.

Back